The Student Room Group

Bath, Birmingham, or Sheffield for Computer Science?

I have offers to study a BSc in Computer Science at Bath, Birmingham, and Sheffield but i'm struggling to decide which I would like to firm and insure.

I attended open days at Birmingham and Sheffield and liked them both but I am probably leaning towards Birmingham out of the two due to it being slightly closer to where I live, having nice a campus, and having one friend already there and another going next year. However, I've found it hard to compare Bath to Birmingham and Sheffield due to only attending a campus tour which unfortunately didn't provide much insight on what it would be like to study computer science there (I also wasn't a fan of the brutalist architecture although thats probably not something to base my decision off of). I am also a bit concerned with whether i'll enjoy living in Bath as its a similar size to place i'm from which has little to do and i've heard reviews saying the same thing about Bath.

It would be great if anyone who studies Computer Science (or similar) at any of the mentioned universities could share their experiences including things they like and dislike about the area they live in, the university, and the course.

I look forward to hearing your responses!
Reply 1
Original post by georgefitzpatrck
I have offers to study a BSc in Computer Science at Bath, Birmingham, and Sheffield but i'm struggling to decide which I would like to firm and insure.

I attended open days at Birmingham and Sheffield and liked them both but I am probably leaning towards Birmingham out of the two due to it being slightly closer to where I live, having nice a campus, and having one friend already there and another going next year. However, I've found it hard to compare Bath to Birmingham and Sheffield due to only attending a campus tour which unfortunately didn't provide much insight on what it would be like to study computer science there (I also wasn't a fan of the brutalist architecture although thats probably not something to base my decision off of). I am also a bit concerned with whether i'll enjoy living in Bath as its a similar size to place i'm from which has little to do and i've heard reviews saying the same thing about Bath.

It would be great if anyone who studies Computer Science (or similar) at any of the mentioned universities could share their experiences including things they like and dislike about the area they live in, the university, and the course.

I look forward to hearing your responses!

Hi I'm in the exact same position, what did you end up choosing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending