The Student Room Group

What can i do in london?

Does anyone have any recommendations for what me and my friends can do in London? Just keep in mind that we're under 18 and our wallets are not full.

Scroll to see replies

It is London, the place is full of indoor and outdoor activities! even for young people with a low budget to spend days in that city.
What are your hobbies?
Original post by t.airakev
Does anyone have any recommendations for what me and my friends can do in London? Just keep in mind that we're under 18 and our wallets are not full.

me and my friends are visiting china town after exams, you might wanna go there too with your friends. you don't have to spend a lot to have a fun time. central london is quite a nice place to visit around 6/7pm, although obviously it is quite expensive for the most part.
you could have a picnic in several parks and visit some fairs?
you could visit westfield too, there's one in east and west london
(edited 1 year ago)
There's plenty of things going on in London all the time. Really depends on what you're into and keep a look out for monthly events/ festivals online.

River cruise
Open top bus tour
M&M world in leicester square is always worth a visit
Leave.
Get stuck in traffic for 80% of your journey. Or, if taking the tube, suffer with signal failure delays. :yy:
i'll be in london soon, drinking and sleeping around (i'll try!!)
Picnic
Trip to the shops
Art gallery
Chinatown
Concerts
Tower of London
The Shard
Library
Cinema
Riverboat experience
Hotel afternoon tea
Zoo
Museum
Southbank
markets
thrift stores + record shops
picnic in park (I recommend greenwich park and hyde park)
cable cars
shopping malls like westfield and canary wharf
art galleries and museums
shopping places like oxford street (you can visit all those big flagship stores too)
leicester square which has like chinatown, street performances and shops
find all the street art places
find all the film location places
outdoor cinemas (canary wharf shows some films for free outside during the summer)

What I've essentially been doing is just doing like a whistle stop tour of one area of london with my friends, so I did an east london one of the docklands area last week and next week i'm doing a more central one. It was a lot of fun so I recommenddd. I probably only spent like £8 in total tbh, not including transport (I just used my zip for that so it wasn't so bad).
go to newham or croydon it's beautiful
you cant do much, its a bit dead here, lol
just kidding of course, but like another user said, its a waste of money if you dont have a lot of it.

that doesnt mean theres nothing at all though. if its your first time coming here, do all the novelty things like going on the eye.
id also recommend the thames clippers if you dont get boat sick and going on the cable cars / sky cars if youre not scared of heights.
Original post by 29swife
go to newham or croydon it's beautiful

i agree, go to croydon and find anyone in a hoodrich jacket and call them a massive fanny, theyll instantly respect you for showing courage. :smile:
i wouldnt come to east london if i were you its not all that lol
spend the day in central idk
i think living in londons not even that exciting tbh
maybe go sightseeing and to museums (cuz theyre free😂)
have fun tho
The london eye is really nice plus free
i think you should definitely go someplace to eat though cuz some of the food here is really good🍔🔥
Top recommendations:

- Hampstead Heath - walk up to Parliament Hill viewpoint
- Brick Lane - walk around and see the street art, or get a curry
- Soho and Chinatown - get some street food from Chinese Tapas House (looks sketchy but trust me they do the best pancakes)
- Find the ears and noses in central London
- Spend a few minutes looking at wacky art in the Tate Modern and then walk along the South Bank

Ignore the h8ers.
Original post by greenamy2
The london eye is really nice plus free

I don't think it is free to go on there.

Honestly it always depends on the time of year you go and what you're actually into as a friend group. Some of the places I've visited and loved (or would like to) though are:

NYE in London - tickets are around £5-£8 each to see the fireworks which is an amazing experience if you were thinking about visiting then
Going around the shops on Oxford street
Piccadilly circus
Camden market
Big Ben/Houses of Parliament
Museums - The British museum and natural history museum.
King's cross' 9 3/4 wall
Picnics at Greenwich Park (or any park really)
China Town
Carnaby Street
The Sky Garden
God's own junkyard
National gallery and the Tate modern
As well as loads of free festivals
Queen's skate bar

There's honestly so much to do so dependent on how long you're staying its best to just make a list of the most important places to you and just choosing to do them. Enjoy the trip :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest