The Student Room Group

Translate this to Spanish please

Sorry, I've been calling you that for so long now

Scroll to see replies

Lo siento, te he estado llamando así durante tanto tiempo. (translation: sorry, I've been calling you that for so long now)

this may not be the most accurate I found this on google translate
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Roxibox123

Perdona, llevo llamándote así tanto tiempo.
What about: it's great that you are so committed
What about: it's great that you are so committed

Es genial que estés tan comprometido.
Please help translate
I don't understand how some people can call this "dirt" to me, it looks like art
Please help translate
I don't understand how some people can call this "dirt" to me, it looks like art

Without you specifying exactly what you mean by dirt (I assume you mean it’s crap quality) I’d say:

No entiendo cómo algunas personas lo llaman una porquería, yo pienso que es arte.
(edited 1 year ago)
How long have you gone karate for ?

If you study A-Level Spanish, which it appears you do given your post history, you should be able to work that one out.

It's fine to ask for help, but if you get others to do the work for you, you're not going to learn.

Is this for homework?
Original post by Meduse
If you study A-Level Spanish, which it appears you do given your post history, you should be able to work that one out.

It's fine to ask for help, but if you get others to do the work for you, you're not going to learn.

Exactly. We can’t sit op’s exams for them either.

I am a linguist, with a degree in french. To learn a language means taking the effort to learn lots of grammar and vocabulary. There are no shortcuts.
(edited 1 year ago)

¿Cuánto tiempo llevas haciendo karate?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
¿Cuánto tiempo llevas haciendo karate?

You're not doing OP any long-term favours here, unfortunately.
Original post by Meduse
You're not doing OP any long-term favours here, unfortunately.

Indeed but I’ve seen her post history a lot too and it doesn’t seem as if she’s ever going to learn nor does she show any signs of trying to work it out herself.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Indeed but I’ve seen her post history a lot too and it doesn’t seem as if she’s ever going to learn nor does she show any signs of trying to work it out herself.

Perhaps not, but handing it to them on a plate certainly isn't going to help.

Even if they turn to Google Translate (please don't, OP, this is highly unreliable due to inaccuracies), at least they'll suffer the consequences.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Meduse

Even if they turn to Google Translate (please don't, OP, this is highly unreliable due to inaccuracies, at least they'll suffer the consequences.

Dunno, it's not that deep for me. It’s a random account on TSR who I have no vested interest in, and by posting a translation which takes me 2 seconds they could potentially learn some grammar and sentence structure than if I posted nothing.
(edited 1 year ago)
Lo siento, te he estado llamando así durante tanto tiempo.
Original post by Meduse

Even if they turn to Google Translate (please don't, OP, this is highly unreliable due to inaccuracies, at least they'll suffer the consequences.

In other words, if op refuses to learn by doing her own homework and putting in the effort we had to, she may well do badly in her a level or even fail, yet Plantagenet will continue to be brilliant.

There’s a lesson there for all lazy students.
Original post by Oxford Mum
In other words, if op refuses to learn by doing her own homework and putting in the effort we had to, she may well do badly in her a level or even fail, yet Plantagenet will continue to be brilliant.

There’s a lesson there for all lazy students.

I mean look, obviously if she posts a whole paragraph or something to translate I’m not going to do it because that’s taking the mickey, but a 5 word sentence here or there costs me nothing. I’ve corrected hundreds of pieces of work here over the years but in 95% of cases the person has already done it in Spanish and I’m correcting the grammar so I’m happy to do that because they’ve actually had a go. Roxi is an exception in that she often doesn’t even make an attempt so I somewhat agree with Meduse and might start asking her what she thinks first before giving the answer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Is this for homework?

I had assumed that they needed help speaking to a Spanish boy/girlfriend who doesn't speak English :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending