The Student Room Group

[Official] SQA 2022 Results Day Discussion and Help thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Violettie
I got accepted into my insurance however my firm is still 'awaiting confirmation'. I'm a near miss, should I email the university (their hotline isn't open until tomorrow) or give it more time?
Yep, email them asking how long you should expect to be waiting. :smile:

Likelihood is your firm uni is looking to see if they can fish out a candidate with higher grades from clearing. In this scenario, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The good news is your insurance uni is still in place and you don't need to be thinking about additional options.

One tactic another advisor recommends is telling the uni "if I don't hear by end of today, I would like you to release me please." This forces a judgement, if they want you, they'll offer; if they decline you - they likely would have done this eventually anyway.
Original post by 04MR17
Yep, email them asking how long you should expect to be waiting. :smile:

Likelihood is your firm uni is looking to see if they can fish out a candidate with higher grades from clearing. In this scenario, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The good news is your insurance uni is still in place and you don't need to be thinking about additional options.

One tactic another advisor recommends is telling the uni "if I don't hear by end of today, I would like you to release me please." This forces a judgement, if they want you, they'll offer; if they decline you - they likely would have done this eventually anyway.

Alright, I'll email them ASAP then. Thanks!
Original post by amimnesko
Just got AAAAA at Higher (by letter) for Computing, English, Maths, Philosophy and Physics, and feeling very happy + relieved, but I can't find any indication of grade bands, and I'm wandering if those are meant to be on the document (?) Not that I'm super worried about the difference between an A1 and an A2.

Congratulations! Grade boundaries are here: https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/102189.html

Original post by Violettie
I got accepted into my insurance however my firm is still 'awaiting confirmation'. I'm a near miss, should I email the university (their hotline isn't open until tomorrow) or give it more time?

Congratulations on getting accepted to your insurance choice :smile: So 'awaiting confirmation' means that the university is still making their decision on your application, most likely as you were a near miss. It will be a case of waiting until they make their decision, so I'd wait to see if anything changes today and send that email and if not give them a call tomorrow to ask how long they expect you will have to wait for (if they can give you that information). Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Applications of Maths at 58% for an A, but normal Maths at 70%, interesting.... (edit: at Higher, to be clear)
Original post by franklyfruity
(edited 1 year ago)
Welp I didn’t do as good as I thought I would but I have an unconditional for uni anyways so 🥲
Original post by Newtothis_24
Welp I didn’t do as good as I thought I would but I have an unconditional for uni anyways so 🥲

Congratulations on getting into university :biggrin:
Thanks. I wasn't asking about boundaries, but about bands. This is my first "proper" results day so I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to see them.

as far as i know you'll have to ask your teachers for your bands, the sqa don't normally tell us haha
Thanks. I wasn't asking about boundaries, but about bands. This is my first "proper" results day so I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to see them.

I'm not sure bandings have been on letters since 2018 or 2019 - so don't think that information will be available. But as above, this is something to ask your teachers. :wink:
Original post by 04MR17
I'm not sure bandings have been on letters since 2018 or 2019 - so don't think that information will be available. But as above, this is something to ask your teachers. :wink:

Original post by franklyfruity
as far as i know you'll have to ask your teachers for your bands, the sqa don't normally tell us haha

Ah ok. Thanks for the information.
Its so lovely to see so many people happy with their results! Well done to you all, it’s well deserved :smile:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Congratulations on getting into university :biggrin:

Thank you ❤️
Original post by 04MR17
:bl: What are you doing to celebrate?

Nothing in mind atm, I’ll probably just stay home, maybe watch a movie/order some fast food lol.
Reply 52
Original post by TKNBKN
Hoping for 5A's and 2B's at Nat 5. What about you?

Ended up getting 2A's (Maths and English) 4B'S (Biology,Chemistry,Graph Comm and Modern studies) and a C (Drama) :frown:
Original post by dorkpop2000
Nothing in mind atm, I’ll probably just stay home, maybe watch a movie/order some fast food lol.

Sounds good :smile: Congratulations again!

Original post by TKNBKN
Ended up getting 2A's (Maths and English) 4B'S (Biology,Chemistry,Graph Comm and Modern studies) and a C (Drama) :frown:

I'm so sorry to hear your results weren't what you were hoping for :frown: Does this affect any university offers or any future plans? If so, is there anything we can help you with at all?

Here to support you as much as we can, and please don't be hard on yourself - I know it can feel overwhelming when things don't go as we hoped but I hope you are looking after yourself :hugs:
S5 - AAAAA (Higher Maths, French, Physics, CompSci, and English) Physics will have been very close I think which made the wait for the letter a little tense. Now doing AH Maths, Physics, and French in S6. Rather pleased with myself given how touch and go much of the year was. : )
if i got a C in my final exam but got an A in the prelims, what are the chances I can get a B/A after i've appealed?
Original post by Lovel H
S5 - AAAAA (Higher Maths, French, Physics, CompSci, and English) Physics will have been very close I think which made the wait for the letter a little tense. Now doing AH Maths, Physics, and French in S6. Rather pleased with myself given how touch and go much of the year was. : )

Congrats!
Original post by oreoIuwa
if i got a C in my final exam but got an A in the prelims, what are the chances I can get a B/A after i've appealed?

Did your teacher submit an estimate of an A? It's best to talk to them about your alternative evidence and whether that's likely to result in an increase :smile:
Original post by Lemur14

Did your teacher submit an estimate of an A? It's best to talk to them about your alternative evidence and whether that's likely to result in an increase :smile:

yes my teacher did do that ! i'll email her & we can talk about all the possible outcomes thank you :smile:
Original post by CapybaraFan53
hoping for AACD at higher (English, Computing, Physics, Maths) and B at N5 Chemistry. Next year I'll doing AH Computing and Higher Geography, History and Chemistry

got an A in Computing, B in English and Physics and D in Maths. Disappointed about English but bery happy with Physics as I didn't even think I'd pass. Didn't fail Maths either so overall I'm quite happy with these results
Five A's pretty much what I expected. I put in the work, I reap the results :colondollar:
A English
A Mathematics
A Physics
A Chemistry
A Biology

Going to celebrate with some Newports and Malt Liquor, which me and my parents will be drinking until the early hours.
It has been a good year, looking forward to many more x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending