The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

rodrigoma1
Got an offer for the MSc Finance (Full-Time) yesterday!

Anyone else applied to this course?

i applied for the same course... when did you submit the application?:confused: thanx
Reply 461
rodrigoma1
Graduated from top tier univ in Brazil, 80% avg (top 5-10%), 1yr internship + 1yr full time work exp as a Fixed Income Trader, GMAT 760 (Q49, V46)

That's quite a GMAT score. I assume English is your native language.

Congrats on the acceptance.
germaineilya
i applied for the same course... when did you submit the application?:confused: thanx

Last week of December..
In fact I was expecting that the decision process would take longer..!
bayvet
That's quite a GMAT score. I assume English is your native language.

Congrats on the acceptance.

Thanks bayvet!

Have you applied to the same course?

Hope to see you there!
rodrigoma1
Last week of December..
In fact I was expecting that the decision process would take longer..!

i applied before you did, still no news...
Hey there,

Congrats to all who've gained acceptance! :smile: I'm applying but am stuck with the personal statement...:s-smilie: Has anyone applied for Msc in Organisational and Social Psychology?
jackplace
Hey every! Just submitted my application for Ms globlal media communication. i know its a bit late but what the hell! i have a low2.1 , good reference and v good work experience. already have an offer for an ma radio at my current uni though so thats good news. I realize its a long shot but for all of you still waiting good luck! and congrats to all of you who are in. Wish me luck!

hey jack thats good to know! let's hope we are classmates :smile:
anyone else for global media and communication?
Reply 468
Has anyone applied for the Msc in International Relations (research)?
Not too sure how to fill in the 'Nature of Work' section in the employment history page as i'm not sure what it actually asks for. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!
Not too sure how to fill in the 'Nature of Work' section in the employment history page as i'm not sure what it actually asks for. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!
Reply 471
Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application for your first choice course. A letter has been posted to you. The competition for places at LSE is severe and inevitably many well qualified applicants cannot be accepted. This decision is final, and no further comment can be made.

Oh No :frown:
Reply 472
Sorry to hear that, MSc Fin Econs is one of the most heavily oversubscribed courses in LSE definitely... what is your second choice. I wonder what the 2008 acceptance figures are...2007's are by no means indicative and I am betting that 2009 is going to be especially competitive..
maxzara
Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application for your first choice course. A letter has been posted to you. The competition for places at LSE is severe and inevitably many well qualified applicants cannot be accepted. This decision is final, and no further comment can be made.

But you might still receive an offer for your second choice, right? What did you apply for?
Reply 474
maxzara

Yeah that sucks. I figured you would make it based on your stats.

What's your second choice?
Reply 475
I didn't put down a second choice, I didn't particularly want to go into Research, nor did I want to study plain Finance. Gutted though, I thought I had a really strong application.
maxzara
I didn't put down a second choice, I didn't particularly want to go into Research, nor did I want to study plain Finance. Gutted though, I thought I had a really strong application.

:-( That really sucks. I wish you the best of luck with your other applications!
Well you can still submit a second choice, or re-submit your application to be considered for comparable programs. Best of luck - I know how gutting that little message can be, esp. when you feel you were competitive.

Seem - I also wonder what the admissions figures are going to be like. Many top graduate programs are reporting increases of 10-15% in the number of applications they are receiving.
Reply 478
Hello, everyone. I applied to the M.Sc. in International Relations Theory on January 4th, received notification that my application was complete and had been submitted to the department on January 9th, and was informed of my acceptance on January 20th. That's right; just over two weeks for the entire process. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by just how quickly it went. (So, to those still waiting -- and expecting to do so for the specified eight weeks -- don't despair.) I wish each of you the best of luck with both your application and future studies, wherever you choose to undertake them.
Reply 479
Camus
Hello, everyone. I applied to the M.Sc. in International Relations Theory on January 4th, received notification that my application was complete and had been submitted to the department on January 9th, and was informed of my acceptance on January 20th. That's right; just over two weeks for the entire process. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by just how quickly it went. (So, to those still waiting -- and expecting to do so for the specified eight weeks -- don't despair.) I wish each of you the best of luck with both your application and future studies, wherever you choose to undertake them.

That's awesome. Congrats.

I hope mine goes through that quickly!

Latest

Trending

Trending