The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Robotics and AI MEng

Scroll to see replies

Original post by New1
Awesome, I think I had spoken to you when we had got offers for Kings College London AI. Are you thinking of firming UCL too?

Hi, it's great to hear you got a decision too. Yeah, it's between UCL and Imperial for my firm
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Oh nice I applied to Southampton's Electronics with AI course too, but I am going to be firming UCL. What is this freedom you say which the Southampton course gives?

For Southampton, there are lots of optional modules where you get to choose specific areas of study, for example I still have quite an interest in Maths, where some modules in southampton offer a little extra Maths outside of what is 100% necessary if I wanted to just go that little bit further for the sake of my own understanding
Hey guys, congrats on the offers. I got one for this course too. Could I ask what you guys are thinking when it comes to accomodation. I've had a look at UCL accomodation and it seems to be mainly around the main site, whereas the robotics course is at UCL East which is quite far away. Just wanna know what you guys are thinking in terms of accomodation.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous 1746
Hey guys, congrats on the offers. I got one for this course too. Could I ask what you guys are thinking when it comes to accomodation. I've had a look at UCL accomodation and it seems to be mainly around the main site, whereas the robotics course is at UCL East which is quite far away. Just wanna know what you guys are thinking in terms of accomodation.

If I am being honest, I personally will be traveling from home so I don't really know much about accommodation. However, on the Main UCL Thread I read somewhere that accomodation is randomised????
Original post by New1
If I am being honest, I personally will be traveling from home so I don't really know much about accommodation. However, on the Main UCL Thread I read somewhere that accomodation is randomised????

Ah I see, thanks anyways. For the accomodation, I think you fill in a survey telling them what you want and they assign you an accomodation that best fits your criteria. But it's a first come first served basis so people who apply first gets higher priority which I think is kinda stupid.
Original post by Anonymous12535
I was predicted 3A* and applying for this course, has anyone heard back from UCL yet? I've also looked on student finance and this course isn't showing up whenever I search it, is this just me or are you guys also experiencing this?

Have you got any results?
Original post by Aidenn_Li
Have you got any results?

Yeah they're currently my firm, they want A*A*A, but I still can't find the course when applying for student finance, so I'll probably email them once I get the time
Yeah they're currently my firm, they want A*A*A, but I still can't find the course when applying for student finance, so I'll probably email them once I get the time

Congrats!!! I had the offer from BEng Physics with Medical Physics and I am thinking of switch into Robotics and AI, that is my aspiration, hope there will be an available position!

Hi, just for your reference, I was able to find the Robotics and AI MEng course and successfully apply for student finance. If you think there is some sort of technical error then I suggest you find support quickly since the student finance application deadline is approaching fast.

with that being said, you can always enter a different course (e.g your insurance choice) since you are able to edit any information once you’ve made your application
Reply 29
Hi there, I’m planning to apply to this course later in the year over CS, can anyone advise how much of a difference this decision would make in terms of employability considering how somewhat more specific and narrow it is compared to just doing CS? Moreover, if anyone is currently doing the course, how maths intensive is it compared to CS BSc?
Original post by Cryzer_101
Hi there, I’m planning to apply to this course later in the year over CS, can anyone advise how much of a difference this decision would make in terms of employability considering how somewhat more specific and narrow it is compared to just doing CS? Moreover, if anyone is currently doing the course, how maths intensive is it compared to CS BSc?

In the information sessions, UCL staff have described the robotics course as more maths intensive than cs. Both are highly employable so I wouldn't worry about that. More importantly, they are both highly enabling, so you can use both of them to branch out into many paths. Pick whichever interests you more. You can reach the same destinations with both
Reply 31
Have any of you received any offer holder day invitation for this course?
Original post by New1
Have any of you received any offer holder day invitation for this course?

I wish 😔
Reply 33
Original post by DaydreamLagoon
I wish 😔

Lol same, I really want to check out this campus. Also on UCAS Track, is your progress bar something like this, because for a lot of my friends it completely blue so just wondering.... UCAS.JPG
Original post by New1
Lol same, I really want to check out this campus. Also on UCAS Track, is your progress bar something like this, because for a lot of my friends it completely blue so just wondering.... UCAS.JPG

No need to worry because I see the exact same thing on my UCAS
Reply 35
Cool thanks bud.
Reply 36
Hey guys, we have created a new discord group for this course - UCL Robotics and AI. Feel free to join through this link:https://discord.gg/VZEx98n8
Reply 37
Original post by LambertW
I just received an offer from robotics and AI, so hyped now

Hey I want to apply for this course next year. Do you have any advice on things I can do to get in?
Reply 38
Original post by DaydreamLagoon
In the information sessions, UCL staff have described the robotics course as more maths intensive than cs. Both are highly employable so I wouldn't worry about that. More importantly, they are both highly enabling, so you can use both of them to branch out into many paths. Pick whichever interests you more. You can reach the same destinations with both

I'm choosing this course over applying to mechanical engineering. Is that the right decision? I like mechanical engineering and electrical engineering equally and am interested in a career in robotics in the future.
Reply 39

Hey, I'm planning to applying to this course next year. What advice do you have for me to get in? What supercurriculars did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending