The Student Room Group

🟠 parmezanne's life and wellbeing blog 2023 🟠

Welcome

Unbelievably, this is my third wellness blog! You check the 2021 and 2022 versions to get a sense of my format if you wish :yep:

It's fun to look back at the stages I've been through. This year, I'll graduate from University and begin my career. I think it's going to be a big one and a really weird one to look back on and read about. I'd love it if you join me on this year's journey, please let me know if you'd like to be tagged in my updates (only once or twice a fortnight, I'm not irritating!) - I'd love to be tagged in your blogs too :smile:

A lot changed in 2021 and 2022 - it's been the biggest years of growth I think I've ever had. I've learned lots about life, growing up, changing and relationships. I'm sure that won't change this year :lol:

My overarching theme of 2022 is peace, but each month I also have a personalised theme for whatever I think I specifically need to work on: january is starting the year off with a non-judgemental attitude for my own peace of mind, february is relieving myself of guilt, march is work-life balance, april is consistency, may is getting outside, june is looking after myself

tag list: @The_Lonely_Goatherd @BurstingBubbles @iL1L @Faith&hardwork @KA_P

Spoiler

(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Please keep me tagged! :h:
Me too!
PRSOM! Yes please keep me on thr tag list :biggrin:
january update 01

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever 2023 blog update :colone:

My theme for this month is having a non-judgemental attitude for my own peace of mind. All my life, I've been a bit of a blunt character and say what's on my mind with not much forethought - or if I do think about what I'm saying, I push it aside and say it anyways. I've definitely worked on this theme already - sometimes staying quiet is the kinder thing to do. I'm considering more whether what I'm saying is positive or negative, and checking what I am bringing to conversations.

I have also come to accept that I'm not going to get along with everyone the same. I can't be close to everyone and not every relationship is worth me being stressed or overthinking. Please let me know if you go through a similar thing because it's taken my entire life to recognise this :lol: part of growing up I guess!

I've been sick for the past few days unfortunately with a heavy cold, so I've been trying to give my body what it needs and just rest. The thing with these uni colds is that they can last weeks and weeks if you pretend you don't have one, so I'm giving up my social life for 4 days just to have a good life after this :yep: I've been binging glee and drowning in water so fingers crossed I'll be back up to 90% tomorrow!

What is everyone getting up to this weekend? I was supposed to go to a Gossip Girl party and go clubbing but I don't think that's happening :frown:

tag list
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@BurstingBubbles
@iL1L
@Faith&hardwork
@KA_P
Original post by parmezanne
january update 01

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever 2023 blog update :colone:

My theme for this month is having a non-judgemental attitude for my own peace of mind. All my life, I've been a bit of a blunt character and say what's on my mind with not much forethought - or if I do think about what I'm saying, I push it aside and say it anyways. I've definitely worked on this theme already - sometimes staying quiet is the kinder thing to do. I'm considering more whether what I'm saying is positive or negative, and checking what I am bringing to conversations.

I have also come to accept that I'm not going to get along with everyone the same. I can't be close to everyone and not every relationship is worth me being stressed or overthinking. Please let me know if you go through a similar thing because it's taken my entire life to recognise this :lol: part of growing up I guess!

I've been sick for the past few days unfortunately with a heavy cold, so I've been trying to give my body what it needs and just rest. The thing with these uni colds is that they can last weeks and weeks if you pretend you don't have one, so I'm giving up my social life for 4 days just to have a good life after this :yep: I've been binging glee and drowning in water so fingers crossed I'll be back up to 90% tomorrow!

What is everyone getting up to this weekend? I was supposed to go to a Gossip Girl party and go clubbing but I don't think that's happening :frown:

tag list
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@BurstingBubbles
@iL1L
@Faith&hardwork
@KA_P

That sounds like such a good idea, though try not to bottle it all up! It's a difficult change to make but take it a step at a time, I'm rooting for you! :hugs:

That's very true, it takes a lot of energy and sometimes you need to give yourself a break🥺 I hope you get better soon and please stay hydrated. I'm studying this weekend 🙈 but other than that reading some random books!

:hugs: take care of yourself
PRSOM! Please look after yourself :hugs:
Hope you recover soon - good idea to give your body the rest it needs. Plus binging on Glee is often good for the soul :danceboy:

I don't quite have the same thing as you, but I do have a need to be liked by/get on with everyone that I need to grow out of/move on from :redface:
Original post by KA_P
That sounds like such a good idea, though try not to bottle it all up! It's a difficult change to make but take it a step at a time, I'm rooting for you! :hugs:

That's very true, it takes a lot of energy and sometimes you need to give yourself a break🥺 I hope you get better soon and please stay hydrated. I'm studying this weekend 🙈 but other than that reading some random books!

:hugs: take care of yourself

It's okay, I have a journal and people in my support network who I can talk to - I just think it's better if I don't become judgemental to people I'm immediately around! :yep:

I'm feeling back to normal, thank you for the love :hugs:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
PRSOM! Please look after yourself :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hope you recover soon - good idea to give your body the rest it needs. Plus binging on Glee is often good for the soul :danceboy:

I don't quite have the same thing as you, but I do have a need to be liked by/get on with everyone that I need to grow out of/move on from :redface:

Feeling better, thank you! :smile:

Yeah, that's difficult. I'm not so much like that - I really enjoy cutting people out because I find it theraputic, but I do also feel like I need to be liked :redface:
It's okay, I have a journal and people in my support network who I can talk to - I just think it's better if I don't become judgemental to people I'm immediately around! :yep:

I'm feeling back to normal, thank you for the love :hugs:

Feeling better, thank you! :smile:

Yeah, that's difficult. I'm not so much like that - I really enjoy cutting people out because I find it theraputic, but I do also feel like I need to be liked :redface:

PRSOM I'm glad!
january update 02

hello everyone, I have a very exciting update for you all today. If you had read my previous blog, you'll know I liked a girl - turns out she likes me back. I called her last night and we're going to start dating. I'm very happy and so proud of my bravery, because it's never easy to confess your feelings especially if it'll change a friendship! :colondollar:

Everything else in my life has been going pretty positively too - I'm invited back to the next stage of a grad scheme, I've got a great essay idea, my mental health has really improved, and my relationships are stronger! So things are definitely going well my end and I think it's about damn time :lol:

I feel like I have a bit of a less judgmental attitude and I'm trying to think more before I speak. I think the people that I felt judged by I care less about, which feels like I've claimed my power back. I'm really happy in my own little world and things are going well for me, so I want to hold onto and celebrate this feeling. Today I'm just going to be doing some work (and something else exciting :tongue:) then seeing a play tonight. This weekend is my housemate's birthday so we'll be celebrating. Last week I went back home and saw a long-distance friend which was lovely.

What's your plans for the weekend? :smile:

tag list
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@BurstingBubbles
@iL1L
@Faith&hardwork
@KA_P
Awwww, yay re: her liking you back, happy for you :h:

This weekend I'm going to Chinatown with my sister. Then we're gonna see the Whitney biopic in the cinema :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Awwww, yay re: her liking you back, happy for you :h:

This weekend I'm going to Chinatown with my sister. Then we're gonna see the Whitney biopic in the cinema :biggrin:

NO I want to go to the Whitney biopic!!! I was supposed to go the other week but I was sick :frown: please do tell me how it is because I live laugh love Whitney! :lol:

And thank you. I feel very happy today and I know she feels the same :smile:
I'm so happy for you! :h: :hugs:
january update 02

hello everyone, I have a very exciting update for you all today. If you had read my previous blog, you'll know I liked a girl - turns out she likes me back. I called her last night and we're going to start dating. I'm very happy and so proud of my bravery, because it's never easy to confess your feelings especially if it'll change a friendship! :colondollar:

Everything else in my life has been going pretty positively too - I'm invited back to the next stage of a grad scheme, I've got a great essay idea, my mental health has really improved, and my relationships are stronger! So things are definitely going well my end and I think it's about damn time :lol:

I feel like I have a bit of a less judgmental attitude and I'm trying to think more before I speak. I think the people that I felt judged by I care less about, which feels like I've claimed my power back. I'm really happy in my own little world and things are going well for me, so I want to hold onto and celebrate this feeling. Today I'm just going to be doing some work (and something else exciting :tongue:) then seeing a play tonight. This weekend is my housemate's birthday so we'll be celebrating. Last week I went back home and saw a long-distance friend which was lovely.

What's your plans for the weekend? :smile:

tag list
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@BurstingBubbles
@iL1L
@Faith&hardwork
@KA_P

PRSOM that's amazing! :jumphug:

Just chilling at home :u:
Original post by iL1L
I'm so happy for you! :h: :hugs:

Hehehe thank you!! It was a big risk but it paid off :hugs:
Original post by KA_P
PRSOM that's amazing! :jumphug:

Just chilling at home :u:

I feel so happy, I'm not even sure that it's sunk in yet! :lol:

Sounds brilliant. I'm binging Love Island (hadn't seen anything after ep 2) and doing some content creation :danceboy: what does chilling look like for you today?
:h:
I feel so happy, I'm not even sure that it's sunk in yet! :lol:

Sounds brilliant. I'm binging Love Island (hadn't seen anything after ep 2) and doing some content creation :danceboy: what does chilling look like for you today?

I'm so happy for you! :jumphug:

Ooh that sounds like a great way to spend the weekend, I've just been watching a few movies like Rampage and Catwoman (been a while since I watched it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending