The Student Room Group

✨A Positive Wellbeing Blog✨ 2023

[scroll]✨A Positive Wellbeing Blog✨[/scroll]

I really enjoyed my first wellbeing blog and look forward to my second, it's been a rollercoaster of a year. Putting myself first had been my biggest aim but I'm only just delving into the fact that there's so much more to it than I initially thought.

Putting myself first includes setting boundaries with friendships and with myself. Expending too much energy on other people really affects my wellbeing, so I've found that setting boundaries to protect my wellbeing means that I can still maintain these friendships without it exhausting me a tipping my wellbeing off balance. I've come to realise that wellbeing isn't perfect, it's a working process. It's a difficult one with challenges coming up each day but getting through them is what helps me to grow.

So my main aim for this year is to work on setting these healthy boundaries and put myself first so I don't get burnt out. Let's see where this blog takes us!

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

✨Here's a bit about myself:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Truly enjoyed your last blog :smile: Looking forward to this!
[scroll]✨A Wellbeing Update✨[/scroll]

First update of the year!
I just found out I've got an mock exam at the end of this week on top of a few other mock tests in the coming weeks 😂 it's been busy but I'm slowly making process. I'm trying get a feel for how best to approach revising, hopefully flashcards and videos will help with a dash of exam practice on the side.

I've found that reading although it's procrastination at this point is keeping me calm and pretty chilled out. I'm not going to put myself down about it because a bit of procrastination is necessary here and there.

My mum made a nice caramel cake today and it was a nice treat. It was unexpected that I like it since I'm not fond of caramel and its partners in crime (toffee and fudge) but it was yummy!

I felt more confident this week in my clinical skills and even got complimented; I really enjoyed this week, it was a nice mix without it feeling like the exact same thing every day. What was your week like? Did you manage to do anything interesting?

If someone told you to make a building out paper what would you make? You can use scissors and tape or origami it :u:

I'm going to leave out the tags for this update to avoid a tag spam 🙈
Original post by Ab33r
Truly enjoyed your last blog :smile: Looking forward to this!

:jumphug:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by KA_P

I really enjoyed my first wellbeing blog and look forward to my second, it's been a rollercoaster of a year. Putting myself first had been my biggest aim but I'm only just delving into the fact that there's so much more to it than I initially thought.

Putting myself first includes setting boundaries with friendships and with myself. Expending too much energy on other people really affects my wellbeing, so I've found that setting boundaries to protect my wellbeing means that I can still maintain these friendships without it exhausting me a tipping my wellbeing off balance. I've come to realise that wellbeing isn't perfect, it's a working process. It's a difficult one with challenges coming up each day but getting through them is what helps me to grow.

So my main aim for this year is to work on setting these healthy boundaries and put myself first so I don't get burnt out. Let's see where this blog takes us!

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ohh so that's what happened haha, I was scratching my head thinking why there was a mention from your wellbeing blog but nothing there, but I found a new onee

Here's to a great blog in 2023 🤭

Spoiler

Original post by KA_P

I just found out I've got an mock exam at the end of this week on top of a few other mock tests in the coming weeks 😂 it's been busy but I'm slowly making process. I'm trying get a feel for how best to approach revising, hopefully flashcards and videos will help with a dash of exam practice on the side.

I've found that reading although it's procrastination at this point is keeping me calm and pretty chilled out. I'm not going to put myself down about it because a bit of procrastination is necessary here and there.

My mum made a nice caramel cake today and it was a nice treat. It was unexpected that I like it since I'm not fond of caramel and its partners in crime (toffee and fudge) but it was yummy!

I felt more confident this week in my clinical skills and even got complimented; I really enjoyed this week, it was a nice mix without it feeling like the exact same thing every day. What was your week like? Did you manage to do anything interesting?

If someone told you to make a building out paper what would you make? You can use scissors and tape or origami it :u:

Good luck with examssss, hope they go well, definitely lmk how they went <3

Fr reading is a guilty pleasure without any of the guilt at this point 😂

I still hold on to the belief that salted caramel>>> esp compared to all the other ones like regular caramel/toffee etc

I have 0 creativity so when you put me on the spot I'm just gonna say the london eye 😂
Original post by Slx.24
Ohh so that's what happened haha, I was scratching my head thinking why there was a mention from your wellbeing blog but nothing there, but I found a new onee

Here's to a great blog in 2023 🤭

Spoiler

Good luck with examssss, hope they go well, definitely lmk how they went <3

Fr reading is a guilty pleasure without any of the guilt at this point 😂

I still hold on to the belief that salted caramel>>> esp compared to all the other ones like regular caramel/toffee etc

I have 0 creativity so when you put me on the spot I'm just gonna say the london eye 😂

:rofl: oops at least you're here now :hugs:

Yes!!

Spoiler

Thank you, hoping they go smoothly bc there's so much content

That's so true 😂
I think my sister would agree 🙈 it's the smell that gives me a headache more than anything else 😭

I think London eye deserves points!! But yeah being put on the spot is awful - time for mind blanks left right and centre
Reply 7
Original post by KA_P

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

Spoiler

ayyyyy new blog :woo:

Original post by KA_P

goooooood luckkkkkk
I over procrastinate 😳
ooo yummmm nahhhh toffee and fudge just mmmmm
hectic just been exams :cry:
you always come up with amazing questions :lol: errrrrrr probs just a tower cuz its simple
Original post by Food!!
ayyyyy new blog :woo:

goooooood luckkkkkk
I over procrastinate 😳
ooo yummmm nahhhh toffee and fudge just mmmmm
hectic just been exams :cry:
you always come up with amazing questions :lol: errrrrrr probs just a tower cuz its simple

Yeeeee :nyan:

Thank you 😭❤️ me toooo - I've learnt to accept it 🥲

:eviltongue:

You've got this!! Sending you lots of energy ✨✨✨

Yess a tower would be a cool idea!

It's been a pretty productive day, I did a bit of anatomy revision and went through new flashcards. I've got about 5 more lectures to review since I forgot to fill in my learning objectives table for them during the lecture 😭
I'm making a checklist for anatomy on what I need to know and then tick off the ones I'm confident with. Other than that, in terms of general content I'm going to go through the learning objectives and colour code them with ones I need to review again or condense down bc I have essays for some learning objectives 👀💀

I ate a really sour orange today😭 my parents watched me suffer as they got the sweet oranges - I ended up eating half of the orange in one go to get over it quicker :broken:

On that subject, what's your favourite fruit??

I'm currently working on staying hydrated since I'm not doing so well recently, I'm on a mission to finish this bottle of water before I sleep :u:

Hope you manage to sleep well! Best of luck for the coming week :hugs:

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

Original post by KA_P

It's been a pretty productive day, I did a bit of anatomy revision and went through new flashcards. I've got about 5 more lectures to review since I forgot to fill in my learning objectives table for them during the lecture 😭
I'm making a checklist for anatomy on what I need to know and then tick off the ones I'm confident with. Other than that, in terms of general content I'm going to go through the learning objectives and colour code them with ones I need to review again or condense down bc I have essays for some learning objectives 👀💀

I ate a really sour orange today😭 my parents watched me suffer as they got the sweet oranges - I ended up eating half of the orange in one go to get over it quicker :broken:

I'm currently working on staying hydrated since I'm not doing so well recently, I'm on a mission to finish this bottle of water before I sleep :u:

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

Your studying stuffs appears to be on the right track for real :dance: I'm sure you'll ace them essays.

About the oranges, I recently learned a "hack" to get clementines instead of regular oranges if you want something sweet. It's in season right now, so they ought to be easily found in some grocery stores, if not at the Asian grocery store.

Hope you had a good rest! Monday's here :wink:
Original post by KA_P

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

peaches or plums are my favourites!
Original post by wifd149
Your studying stuffs appears to be on the right track for real :dance: I'm sure you'll ace them essays.

About the oranges, I recently learned a "hack" to get clementines instead of regular oranges if you want something sweet. It's in season right now, so they ought to be easily found in some grocery stores, if not at the Asian grocery store.

Hope you had a good rest! Monday's here :wink:

Thank you 😭

Ooh that's actually interesting! We usually go for the easy peel but will look out for the Clementines :0

You too :jumphug:
Original post by parmezanne
peaches or plums are my favourites!

Yes!! I think they're my mum's favourite too :u:

It was a pretty good day today! I got to catch up with friends and talk to people I hadn't talked to before. I'd say it wasn't productive day today - I think I pushed myself a bit this week so a break day was needed.

I'm felt a bit more confident then nervous about the exams coming up but at the end of the day I can only try my best. Taking it a day at a time and making the best of the time I have is the way to go.

My sister will be visiting this week so I'm really excited. It's something to look forward to in the midst of all the exams 🙈

In terms of keeping hydrated, I would say I'm improving but still need to carry on keeping an eye on how much I'm drinking. My schedule this week is a bit all over the place and a pretty abnormal timetable, so I might have a few issues with keeping a normal routine 😂

Just a random thought: if you had to live in a place you hadn't been before but no idea how long you're meant to stay there before moving to another location, what sort of accomodation would you stay in and why?
A) caravan
B) apartment
C) house

Hope you manage to sleep well! :hugs:

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

apartment :woo: I'd like a balcony but don't need a huge space like a house.
Original post by parmezanne
apartment :woo: I'd like a balcony but don't need a huge space like a house.

I like that, I've seen apartments with an egg swing thing out on the balcony and I can imagine how nice that would be :awesome:
Original post by KA_P
Just a random thought: if you had to live in a place you hadn't been before but no idea how long you're meant to stay there before moving to another location, what sort of accomodation would you stay in and why?
A) caravan
B) apartment
C) house

house or apartment
Original post by Talkative Toad
house or apartment

That sounds like a good idea, any reason in particular?

Wow today was such a busy day! Enjoyable but a lot for a single day 😂 We had an ethics talk today and I found that quite insightful - lots of things I can apply to daily life and spend time putting in extra thought before I do something and the values behind what I do. There's a lot more to our thoughts and values than what I originally though - it can be flexible based on our experiences but mostly stem from our upbringing and environment. There's so many factors that play into it that it really intrigued me but it does show how significant it is when interacting with other people especially to avoid making assumptions.

I treated myself to some plum cake and hot chocolate and had a long chat with my sister around what we feel like at med school and how our perceptions changed from entering uni to now. It's interesting how much we've grown but that we still have a whole lot growing left to do. That's why I feel like it's important for me to not put myself down for things I can't control, realising that I'm not perfect and I won't ever be perfect but that's never going to be a bad thing. I'm going to face so many challenges in the future and in the moment I'll feel like life is unfair but I'll be grateful for the lessons I get to learn from those challenges.

I'm feeling more confident now about my bigger exam but we'll have to see about the smaller exam 👀 I think it's going to be a bit of cramming 🥲

Has it snowed where you are? It's way too cold here - just opening my bedroom door let's the cold in 😭

I hope you manage to have a good day tomorrow :hugs:

✨Tags of Honour:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending