The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm making too many flashcards..

I started making flashcards for the Cold War (history) and I'm about a third of the way through with already 70 flashcards and I'm worried there will be too many. Keep in mind for history I was also planning on making flashcards for Whitechapel, Crime and Punishment, Civil Rights in USA, Vietnam War and Elizabethan period. Would it be worth it for me to carry on making flashcards? I'm doing them on quizlet btw.
Are flashcards the way you learn best?
Yeah I like to go over the information then do a form of active recall where I try to write down all of the events in order on a timeline from memory. I find it helpful to have all of the information in a neat pile like on flashcards rather than going from my notes in my books which can get quite messy and unorganised.
Original post by 1582
Are flashcards the way you learn best?
Original post by laundrybasket
Yeah I like to go over the information then do a form of active recall where I try to write down all of the events in order on a timeline from memory. I find it helpful to have all of the information in a neat pile like on flashcards rather than going from my notes in my books which can get quite messy and unorganised.

Then it definitely sounds as though it is worth your time. Stick with it if the method works for you. :smile:
Thanks for the reassurance! :smile:
Original post by 1582
Then it definitely sounds as though it is worth your time. Stick with it if the method works for you. :smile:
Same w me I just finished making 317 flashcards for JUST the cold war on quizlet. :frown:
I made 1,597 for my son for his GCSE Classical Civilisation (one point / question per card). You're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest