The Student Room Group

do you think saturday detentions should be banned ?

i have just got home from serving a 4 hour saturday detention for skipping a reguler detention we had to wear full school uniform and sit at our desks in total silence and write punishment essays it was HORRIBLE my mum said i deserved it and it was my own fault for not going to the detention in the first place , what do you think ?

Scroll to see replies

What an L XD I've never heard of any school doing this before but it's a pretty good idea ngl (you also totally deserved it)
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
What an L XD I've never heard of any school doing this before but it's a pretty good idea ngl (you also totally deserved it)

My school did this but you had to do a lot to get there. There were scales of detention and if you were really really bad or skipped the detention of the previous level (such as after school) you could move up to a high level and get something like a Saturday detention or multiple after school detentions.

oh it was hard, to make it worse i still had to serve the original detention which i served yesterday evening that lasted for 1 hour 30 minutes so my weekend so has been misreable, my mum says i am lucky not to be grounded, do you think i should have been let of the friday 1 hour 30 min detention ?
Original post by KirstinTMH
My school did this but you had to do a lot to get there. There were scales of detention and if you were really really bad or skipped the detention of the previous level (such as after school) you could move up to a high level and get something like a Saturday detention or multiple after school detentions.

Mine had break detention for if you came late and then if you skipped that you would get an hour detention after school and if you skipped the hour after school you had to go to the isolation room for a whole day (i.e. go to a room full of bad kids messing around and get to not go to lessons and just chill around). It was a pretty useless system
Original post by KirstinTMH

it says quite clearly that any student missing a detention will be punished with a 4 hour saturday detention, my school has a VERY strict detention policy, can you believe i still have to serve the normal detention which lasts for 1 hour 30 mins, i think i should be let off of this dont you ?
Original post by imogen1234567890
oh it was hard, to make it worse i still had to serve the original detention which i served yesterday evening that lasted for 1 hour 30 minutes so my weekend so has been misreable, my mum says i am lucky not to be grounded, do you think i should have been let of the friday 1 hour 30 min detention ?

Dang these teachers are savage. Is this a private school by any chance?
Mine had break detention for if you came late and then if you skipped that you would get an hour detention after school and if you skipped the hour after school you had to go to the isolation room for a whole day (i.e. go to a room full of bad kids messing around and get to not go to lessons and just chill around). It was a pretty useless system

that sounds misreable ? we dont have isolation at our school we have detentions on tuesday and fridays lasting 1 hour 30 mins , saturday detentions last for 4 hours for the half day and you can get a full saturday detention which is TERRIBLE ?
that sounds misreable ? we dont have isolation at our school we have detentions on tuesday and fridays lasting 1 hour 30 mins , saturday detentions last for 4 hours for the half day and you can get a full saturday detention which is TERRIBLE ?

*Full school day (you just miss lessons and go home on time)
Dang these teachers are savage. Is this a private school by any chance?

yes it is, but to be honest they dont give out detentions that often so although the punishments are harsh , you dont get punished for minor things
yes it is, but to be honest they dont give out detentions that often so although the punishments are harsh , you dont get punished for minor things

Hah had a feeling it was a private school, I couldn't see any public schools doing that. What got you sent to detention?
*Full school day (you just miss lessons and go home on time)

no its a saturday detention, we had to be in school this for at 830 we then had to write a punishment essay after 2 hours we then had a 15 min break then another 2 hours of essay writing at 12 15 we were free to go home , those serving a full saturday detention had to bring in a packed lunch, at 1pm thay were back out their desks writing lines or essays and not freed until 5pm, there were around 10 students this morning who had let off the fire alarm during the week they were serving a full satuday detention but i think they deserved it ?
Hah had a feeling it was a private school, I couldn't see any public schools doing that. What got you sent to detention?

i kept messing around in class my teacher gave me plenty of warnings but i ignored her ?
i kept messing around in class my teacher gave me plenty of warnings but i ignored her ?

Are you going to do that again now that you know how boring and annoying the consequence is?
Original post by PQ
Are you going to do that again now that you know how boring and annoying the consequence is?

NO NO NO saturday detention is HORRIBLE i will never skip a normal detention again, to make things worse i STILL have to serve the normal detention is this fair ?
NO NO NO saturday detention is HORRIBLE i will never skip a normal detention again, to make things worse i STILL have to serve the normal detention is this fair ?

So it sounds like it worked...?

How about just don't end up in detention in the first place?

It certainly seems to be an effective punishment

Is this a state school?
I like this and will suggest it for repeat offenders. A lot of students keep doing things they shouldn't despite getting normal detention. I can see how much you hated having detention on Saturday so you'll try not to repeat what got you there. That's good. They should make sure it starts in the afternoon. That way, your entire Saturday is ruined and you can't spend the afternoon with friends :h:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending