The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation at Nottingham University

I've received an offer from the University of Nottingham and I'm going to accept my place. Which accommodations do people recommend? Ideally self-catered on the University Park Campus. Thanks in advance.
I think Broadgate and Raleigh are the two most popular choices. From what I’ve heard, the former has a very good community feel + convenient location while the latter accommodates more international students, and the community there is generally very nice and friendly :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
My daughter has two offers at Nottingham and will be deciding between plant biology and natural sciences. We want a 39 week contract accommodation and preferably ensuite. What's everyone's thoughts on Cripps, Lenton and Wortley, Lincoln and Derby?
My daughter has two offers at Nottingham and will be deciding between plant biology and natural sciences. We want a 39 week contract accommodation and preferably ensuite. What's everyone's thoughts on Cripps, Lenton and Wortley, Lincoln and Derby?
Original post by BiochemistryMum

Went to an open day and noted down that I did not like Lenton and Wortley but didn’t say why and now I can’t remember. But did like Lincoln - I noted that the shared bathroom plus rooms looked good where you have a Bathroom shared between 2 rooms. Also liked Derby Hall - noted down that Single study plus - bigger room with sink and a double bed (that the hall has a slightly more modern dining area but artistic feel). I think Lincoln has a quiet accommodation option too and I liked the dining hall - even the chef was very friendly.

Frankly, though I think as long as it’s not Beeston, they are all good! Beeston felt like one massive mobile home!
Original post by EGotterson1980

Have you booked? It opened early this morning and pretty much all the en-suite rooms have gone in the places you’re mentioning. It tells you on the website which are fully booked. A lot were already booked up - like Cripps en-suite plus, before it even opened due to returners and deferred students I guess as they get first go.

Personally I liked Cripps best but it seems v popular and most room types I’d pick have gone. I liked Lincoln next, then Lenton & Wortley. Derby seemed ok, a bit more modern, but I didn’t get a chance to look around. I didn’t like Rutland. The three I’ve mentioned previously are more traditional looking which I like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending