The Student Room Group

Too much maintenance loan?

I initially applied for a Paramedic Science course and the amount of loan I would recieve was £10,299 because it qualified for the longer course loan.
I had to switch to doing a foundation year though because of my grades and my new maintenance loan amount is £10,513. I'm confused as to why I've been given more as I didn't think the foundation year would be a longer course.
Do you get a larger loan for foundation year? Or could this be a mistake?
Original post by luke1004
I initially applied for a Paramedic Science course and the amount of loan I would recieve was £10,299 because it qualified for the longer course loan.
I had to switch to doing a foundation year though because of my grades and my new maintenance loan amount is £10,513. I'm confused as to why I've been given more as I didn't think the foundation year would be a longer course.
Do you get a larger loan for foundation year? Or could this be a mistake?

Hi Luke,

It is possible it is longer, can you confirm the name of the university, full course name/duration/start date and course code if possible?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Luke,

It is possible it is longer, can you confirm the name of the university, full course name/duration/start date and course code if possible?

Thanks, Clare

I'm going to the University of Wolverhampton, studying Paramedic Science With Foundation Year, 4 years, start date: 18th September, course code: AH001T01UV.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by luke1004
I'm going to the University of Wolverhampton, studying Paramedic Science With Foundation Year, 4 years, start date: 18th September, course code: AH001T01UV.

Hi Luke,

Thank you for confirming. This shows as the same length however, you can contact us on live chat or call so that an adviser can check between the terms for each course year to confirm that for you.

0300 100 0607

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending