The Student Room Group

DSA laptops

Hi there,

I got my assessment back and need to sort out my laptop and am very confused by the info.

I have copied below, any help appreciated.

WKH Notebook
WKH15 - 15.6 inch Screen / Intel Core i5 min-10th Gen Chipset or AMD Ryzen 5 4000 CPU / 8GB Ram / 512GB SSD / Onboard Graphics / Wi-Fi / Max Weight 2.0kg / min 2 USB Ports / Windows 10 64 bit / Includes Windows Defender / 12 Month Warranty
Original post by uwaen
Hi there,

I got my assessment back and need to sort out my laptop and am very confused by the info.

WKH Notebook
WKH15 - 15.6 inch Screen / Intel Core i5 min-10th Gen Chipset or AMD Ryzen 5 4000 CPU / 8GB Ram / 512GB SSD / Onboard Graphics / Wi-Fi / Max Weight 2.0kg / min 2 USB Ports / Windows 10 64 bit / Includes Windows Defender / 12 Month Warranty

Hi,
This is the type of laptop they be supplying for you. What you need to do next is contact the supplier (they would have given you the detail's, such as email/phone number, in your assessment needs report's approval letter from Student Finance) include your quote number, customer reference and the approved DSA letter from SFE. From there they should email you back with details on how to send payment to them and to organise an agreed on delivery date.
Hope this helps!
-Malek
University of Kent Rep
Reply 2
That makes sense thank you!
Hi,
I'll be applying for the DSA soon, currently I have a laptop that has good specs but sometimes crashes randomly. So I was wondering if it was worth getting the DSA laptop. I was wondering if you knew whether you kept the laptop after the years or had to return it. Also obviously you don't have to say or you can PM me. I'm having one for autism so was wondering what you got from yours and what yours was from
Thanks
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Hi,
I'll be applying for the DSA soon, currently I have a laptop that has good specs but sometimes crashes randomly. So I was wondering if it was worth getting the DSA laptop. I was wondering if you knew whether you kept the laptop after the years or had to return it. Also obviously you don't have to say or you can PM me. I'm having one for autism so was wondering what you got from yours and what yours was from
Thanks

Hi,
Yes you do get to keep the laptop after university :smile: You pay a partial fee to get it and sfe cover the rest. I've personally found my laptop from the dsa really helpful, it's a pretty basic laptop but functions well and i've never had any problems with it so it may be helpful for you especially if your current laptop keeps crashing. I also got the WHK one from wyvern, which is a dsa supplier, they were really quick with their responses and were able to get the laptop to me quickly. It helped with accessing programs needed for my course easier than my old laptop and with how much it is used in uni, it has definitely been worth it for me personally though this may be different for other students.
Hope this helps!
-Malek
University of Kent rep
Reply 5
Original post by uwaen
Hi there,

WKH Notebook

Hi, I also applied for DSA.

Did your DSA2 letter (entitlement letter) specifically quote all of that because mine only said WKH notebook - WKH15.

I am so confused because everyone who has said they have been quoted a WKH15 laptop, has said that they have options or they have talked about specific requirements for the laptops.

I have contacted the supplier, mine being Remtek, and they are talking about upgrades but I don’t even know what one they want to give me in the first place 😭

Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending