The Student Room Group

Extra time in exams

I had an assessment by an educational psychologist in y9 (I’m not in college first year) and they’ve gathered that I’ve got cognitive comprehension and I process things slowly. There are numbers on the sheet which I don’t understand but it says things like low, extremely and low average . I got extra time in my gcses but I don’t have anything to prove the amount I got of extra time but I was verbally told 25% . I contacted my secondary but they’ve said apparently it’s not on the access arrangement online so how else can I prove this to get extra time ? Will the educational psychologist report help alone?
Reply 1
With the educational phycologist they should have given you a report with the findings on I'm assuming this is the sheet with the numbers on which the school should be able to understand. This wouldn't say about the extra time but if you provide it to the college then they should be able to make adjustments to make things easier for you.
You should be fine with the report as the college should be able to set it up. A bit weird that the high school doesn't have the documentation as you get a document explaining the entitlements
This link shows you what you need to get adjustments and what they can be.
I would deffinetly send the document with the numbers to the college
Sorry that you haven't had a reply in 2 months
https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/special-educational-needs/your-rights/exam-access-arrangements#:~:text=For%20example%2C%20a%20candidate%20who,much%20more%20slowly%20than%20others.

Quick Reply

Latest