The Student Room Group

How to get help with all your 2023 exams on The Student Room

It's beginning to look a lot like.... exam season!

Exam time is an incredibly busy time on The Student Room, especially for our GCSE, A-level and Vocational Qualification taking users. But don't worry, you've got an amazing free tool here on TSR where other students will support you in every single exam you take!

Simply follow the four easy steps below and propel yourself into exam success using The Student Room for all of your revision chat before an exam and all your conversation about how you've done after.

Step 1 - Find your exam chat thread or create your own!

The first thing you need to do is find a space to talk about the exam your taking. On The Student Room, we break down each exam chat by level, subject and exam board so you can always find other students who need to prepare in the exact same way as you.

Check out our exam directories to see which exam threads have already been created:

A-level exam directory
GCSE exam directory
IAL exam directory
BTEC exam directory

Can't find the exam thread you're looking for? Then it couldn't be easier to set one up yourself!

Simply start a new conversation in the Ask a Question button on the top of the page:

Ask A Question.PNG

Label the exam as best you can for example "AQA A-level Business Exam Chat", tag @Evil Homer in and I can get it added into our directory. This will help promote it across the site to help find other students, and I may add in any of the other detail that you might need :smile:

Easy Peasy!

Step 2 - Introduce yourself and make sure you watch the conversation

Once you've found the exam thread you want to join and get involved in ( or you've made it yourself ) introduce yourself! Let others know what you're studying, what you're aiming for in your exams and what you are struggling with in your revision.

This will give other students a reason to post themselves and to share their experiences! You may find someone who can help support you in the area of revision that you are currently struggling with :smile:

To make sure you don't miss any of the action, hit the 'Watch' button at the top of the exam discussion and get a notification every time there is a a new post:

WATCH.PNG

Step 3 - Revise and support each other over the next few months and prepare as best you can

Now you're all set up and ready to go. This is now your space to share any new resources you've found, to ask for help on a particularly tricky subject area or just share how you are feeling as the big day approaches. :eek:

These spaces will keep growing as we get closer to the exam date, and are usually full of last minute crammers the night before the exam, so get in early and set yourself up for the best chance to ace your exams!

Step 4 - Come back to TSR after the exam and help us create Unofficial Markschemes

Now here comes the best bit, or the worst bit depending on who you ask! These exam threads are incredibly useful before the exam, but they come to life immediately after it as well :biggrin:

Once you've finished your exam, swing back on to The Student Room and find out how all those students you've connected with earlier have done. This can give you a good guide on how you've done and help guide your revision as you progress through your exam season.

If you are feeling particularly interested to find out how everyone has done, why not help set up an Unofficial Markscheme? These are places where students get together and work out the answers to the exam they've just taken!

If this is something you want to do, jump onto The Student Room after your exam, create a thread with the above method using a detailed title like: 'AQA A-level Biology Paper 1 Unofficial Markscheme' then tag @Evil Homer in so I can let others know that's what you want to do by typing this:

"@Evil Homer"

You would be surprised how many people love using these and getting involved!

Please let us know if there is anything The Student Room can do to help support you in your exams this summer.... and GOOD LUCK!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Evil Homer
It's beginning to look a lot like.... exam season!

Exam time is an incredibly busy time on The Student Room, especially for our GCSE, A-level and Vocational Qualification taking users. But don't worry, you've got an amazing free tool here on TSR where other students will support you in every single exam you take!

Simply follow the four easy steps below and propel yourself into exam success using The Student Room for all of your revision chat before an exam and all your conversation about how you've done after.

Step 1 - Find your exam chat thread or create your own!

The first thing you need to do is find a space to talk about the exam your taking. On The Student Room, we break down each exam chat by level, subject and exam board so you can always find other students who need to prepare in the exact same way as you.

Check out our exam directories to see which exam threads have already been created:

A-level exam directory
GCSE exam directory
IAL exam directory
BTEC exam directory

Can't find the exam thread you're looking for? Then it couldn't be easier to set one up yourself!

Simply start a new conversation in the Ask a Question button on the top of the page:

Ask A Question.PNG

Label the exam as best you can for example "AQA A-level Business Exam Chat", tag @Evil Homer in and I can get it added into our directory. This will help promote it across the site to help find other students, and I may add in any of the other detail that you might need :smile:

Easy Peasy!

Step 2 - Introduce yourself and make sure you watch the conversation

Once you've found the exam thread you want to join and get involved in ( or you've made it yourself ) introduce yourself! Let others know what you're studying, what you're aiming for in your exams and what you are struggling with in your revision.

This will give other students a reason to post themselves and to share their experiences! You may find someone who can help support you in the area of revision that you are currently struggling with :smile:

To make sure you don't miss any of the action, hit the 'Watch' button at the top of the exam discussion and get a notification every time there is a a new post:

WATCH.PNG

Step 3 - Revise and support each other over the next few months and prepare as best you can

Now you're all set up and ready to go. This is now your space to share any new resources you've found, to ask for help on a particularly tricky subject area or just share how you are feeling as the big day approaches. :eek:

These spaces will keep growing as we get closer to the exam date, and are usually full of last minute crammers the night before the exam, so get in early and set yourself up for the best chance to ace your exams!

Step 4 - Come back to TSR after the exam and help us create Unofficial Markschemes

Now here comes the best bit, or the worst bit depending on who you ask! These exam threads are incredibly useful before the exam, but they come to life immediately after it as well :biggrin:

Once you've finished your exam, swing back on to The Student Room and find out how all those students you've connected with earlier have done. This can give you a good guide on how you've done and help guide your revision as you progress through your exam season.

If you are feeling particularly interested to find out how everyone has done, why not help set up an Unofficial Markscheme? These are places where students get together and work out the answers to the exam they've just taken!

If this is something you want to do, jump onto The Student Room after your exam, create a thread with the above method using a detailed title like: 'AQA A-level Biology Paper 1 Unofficial Markscheme' then tag @Evil Homer in so I can let others know that's what you want to do by typing this:

"@Evil Homer"

You would be surprised how many people love using these and getting involved!

Please let us know if there is anything The Student Room can do to help support you in your exams this summer.... and GOOD LUCK!

No problem... I'll intro myself.

I will get in early.
Original post by justlearning1469
No problem... I'll intro myself.

I will get in early.

That's what we like to see! :woo:

Let me know if you need a hand with anything :smile:

Hello I hope you are well does this thread provide help with university exams and phase tests.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hello I hope you are well does this thread provide help with university exams and phase tests.

Hey @Mohammed_80,

It does not at this stage, unfortunately. Because different universites and even courses within those universities take their exams at different times of the year we find it hard to create exam threads for them.

That doesn't stop you creating one yourself though! If you need support or want to create study groups on TSR then you will always find a supportive and welcoming community to join you. :smile:

Feel free to reach out if you would like a little support in setting one up!
Hey @Mohammed_80,

It does not at this stage, unfortunately. Because different universites and even courses within those universities take their exams at different times of the year we find it hard to create exam threads for them.

That doesn't stop you creating one yourself though! If you need support or want to create study groups on TSR then you will always find a supportive and welcoming community to join you. :smile:

Feel free to reach out if you would like a little support in setting one up!

Thank you :smile:

A-level exam directory
GCSE exam directory
IAL exam directory
BTEC exam directory

I don't do this qualification but is there one for T-levels?
Original post by Talkative Toad
I don't do this qualification but is there one for T-levels?

Not currently. From my limited knowledge I'm unsure if there are the same centralised exams as in the other qualifcations we have supported. If anyone is studying a T-level this summer and would like something set up then please do reach out!
Not currently. From my limited knowledge I'm unsure if there are the same centralised exams as in the other qualifcations we have supported. If anyone is studying a T-level this summer and would like something set up then please do reach out!

ah fair enough then, I don't do T-levels so yeah.

Heyyy
same here!
doing AS of chemistry biology and physics on may
studying is going good (as in I finished all the required syllabus) but still sort of nervous tbh

hope this will help
Original post by Mohammed_80

Asking the same
Original post by Diana is dead
Heyyy
same here!
doing AS of chemistry biology and physics on may
studying is going good (as in I finished all the required syllabus) but still sort of nervous tbh

hope this will help

As long as you get over those nerves and continue revising youll do well
How’s everyone’s exam prep so far?
I am doing biology, chemistry and physics
And so far only hard one is physics (sometimes)
So focused on that right now!
Even with that mostly in the “A” range so far
How about everyone else? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending