The Student Room Group

Student bank account when you restart univeristy?

I will be restarting from year 1, but was wondering if I have to reapply for a student bank account or will this one cover me for the full duration of my new course?
Original post by ItalianAgent0294
I will be restarting from year 1, but was wondering if I have to reapply for a student bank account or will this one cover me for the full duration of my new course?

If you have only done one year so far before restarting, you should be okay. Check the terms and conditions for your account as all banks differ.
Hello!

My bank (Lloyds Bank) covered me for the full 3 years when I was a student. I then reapplied for a student account when I went back and done my postgraduate degree. I think most of them cover you for a standard 3 years unless notified otherwise, however I would 100% double check this within the terms and conditions of your bank to find out whether this actually is the case!

Hope this helps :smile:
T
It'd be better to open a bank account with digital banks like Revolut as well
Original post by MummyMum2019
It'd be better to open a bank account with digital banks like Revolut as well

Revolut doesn't offer a student bank account or a free overdraft facility (which is usually the main draw of a student account). Also, it does not yet have a banking licence in the UK so Student Finance England is not authorised to pay student loans into it. Any savings with Revolut won't have the FSCS protection either.

Previous thread on this: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7052718

All the major banks offering student accounts offer account management through online and app-based banking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending