The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hello, I applied for student finance 2 days ago but I put in a potential firm for the uni choice and course, I want to change it as I have changed my mind, is it possible for me to cancel and restart it?
Reply 1
Once your application is approved, you can change the university/bank details etc
Reply 2
Original post by Aufbau
Once your application is approved, you can change the university/bank details etc

do you not have to do the form which takes 6 weeks?
Original post by annaie123

Don't cancel your application. Details here (with a link to a video) on how to change your uni:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/updating-your-personal-details#uni-college-or-course-details
Reply 4

Use the link from @normaw. If you have already completed your form, and added a university. See it as a place holder. Once you meet your grades and have an unconditional offer, and are about to enroll, you can update all details that need updating without having to reapply.
Hello, I applied for student finance 2 days ago but I put in a potential firm for the uni choice and course, I want to change it as I have changed my mind, is it possible for me to cancel and restart it?

Hi there,
I had a similar experience with this so it can be frustrating. I found that I was able to edit my student finance application by logging back in and change my university choice that way. If you are struggling I would recommend contacting student finance and asking them if they can help.

I do hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there,
I had a similar experience with this so it can be frustrating. I found that I was able to edit my student finance application by logging back in and change my university choice that way. If you are struggling I would recommend contacting student finance and asking them if they can help.

I do hope this helps,

Eleanor F
Student Ambassador

Hi, do you know if there is an email to contact student finance as i can't find one and im in a similar position?
Original post by MDR21
Hi, do you know if there is an email to contact student finance as i can't find one and im in a similar position?

Hello!
I just wanted to jump onto this thread and recommend you getting into contact with student finance personally, it's a little wait on hold but they will be able to help you and walk you through your options!
I wouldn't recommend cancelling it, the wait is quite long in terms of approving applications and you'll be setting yourself back.
If this is a route you wish to take, I have provided their contact details below.
0300 100 0607

Hope this gets sorted for you.
Kind regards,
Courtney H

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending