The Student Room Group

examples in politics

hey guys I was wondering with politics, where does everyone get their examples from and does anyone have like a list of examples they can provide or any tips with a level politics in general I am struggling heavily heavily pls pls.
Original post by jayjay1222
hey guys I was wondering with politics, where does everyone get their examples from and does anyone have like a list of examples they can provide or any tips with a level politics in general I am struggling heavily heavily pls pls.

Hi. I'm predicted an A* so hopefully, I can help.
You can get examples from the textbook but for higher grades (A*, A and B), use examples from the news or the most recent examples possible. For instance, the 2019 General Election, Brexit Referendum, Nicola Sturgeon resigning, etc. In US politics, look at the 2022 Midterms, Abortion, Gun Control, January 6th Committee, etc

For more general tips:
1. Follow a good structure - Introduction, 3 Paragraphs, Conclusions
2. Make sure to pick the most relevant and recent examples you can
3. Add counter-analysis into all of your paragraphs (except for the introduction and conclusion). Use words like However, Although, etc
4. Add in as much relevant analysis as possible
5. Do lots and lots of past papers to get used to questions and timing
6. If you are struggling to think of what to write, take 5 mins at the start to plan your answer and then start writing
7. For source questions, treat the examiner like an absolute idiot. Quote directly from the source and uses phrases like "In Source A, the author states..."
8. For ideology essays, put in as many key thinkers as you can (Normally I put in 4) and use modern examples

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending