The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel awful seeing other couples?

Suffice to say I'm male and single, unhappy about being so. Whenever I go out and see other couples, I feel quite terrible about myself and my situation because it looks like the woman in the relationship really liked the man and wants to be with the man. I've never experienced that feeling of being wanted before and I fear that I never will. It's a reminder that women do want to be with men; just not me :frown:

Does anyone else get these feelings?
You'll get your turn, mate. Be social and make a genuine effort in getting to know women as people rather than viewing them as potential girlfriends.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
I would say some jealousy about loving couples when you’re unhappily single is normal. But there’s no benefit in getting bitter about it, you just have to turn it in to a further spur to find your own love
Nah the rest of us forever single people enjoy seeing other couples, it's fantastic!
Yeah all the time it's one of those things
I'm happy to see couples going about their business together.
The world is a better place for this happening. Make love. Not war. And all that.

There's an abundance of single people out there. So it's not like any particular couple or all those couples put together are depriving you of anything.

The secret to feeling wanted is to provide other people with what they want / need / desire.

And watch out that you don't fall into the "I'll be happy when" trap. EG "I'll be happy when someone wants me"
Your time to be happy is now. Today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending