The Student Room Group

Qub safety

Does anyone have any concerns about the escalation of terror threat levels in Northern Ireland and potentially attending QUB . Do you think this is an issue ?
Original post by RafaD
Does anyone have any concerns about the escalation of terror threat levels in Northern Ireland and potentially attending QUB . Do you think this is an issue ?

This shouldn’t be a problem. QUB is in what has for a long time been considered a safe part of Belfast and is quite a compact campus anyway, so you won’t be walking long distances in a new city. The escalation of the threat level is also primarily due to activity by dissident republicans in Co. Londonderry and Tyrone (QUB and Belfast are in Co. Antrim) so you shouldn’t come into contact with people of such persuasions unless you seek them out. Honestly, I’m Northern Irish born and bred and have never encountered any problems, even coming from a Police family. I promise, you’ll be fine provided you don’t launch straight into some kind of political tirade with a group of strangers! Northern Irish people are as a whole welcoming and want the past to stay in the past, excluding a small number of bad apples.
Reply 2
Original post by Paddy2005
This shouldn’t be a problem. QUB is in what has for a long time been considered a safe part of Belfast and is quite a compact campus anyway, so you won’t be walking long distances in a new city. The escalation of the threat level is also primarily due to activity by dissident republicans in Co. Londonderry and Tyrone (QUB and Belfast are in Co. Antrim) so you shouldn’t come into contact with people of such persuasions unless you seek them out. Honestly, I’m Northern Irish born and bred and have never encountered any problems, even coming from a Police family. I promise, you’ll be fine provided you don’t launch straight into some kind of political tirade with a group of strangers! Northern Irish people are as a whole welcoming and want the past to stay in the past, excluding a small number of bad apples.

Thank you so much . I’ve just noticed that you’ve had an offer for QUB . Congratulations. My daughter is currently on the waiting list . 🤞 and we will firm for sure if she does get an offer . We were impressed by the course and campus and hoping for a positive outcome
Original post by RafaD
Thank you so much . I’ve just noticed that you’ve had an offer for QUB . Congratulations. My daughter is currently on the waiting list . 🤞 and we will firm for sure if she does get an offer . We were impressed by the course and campus and hoping for a positive outcome

Thank you!
I’m glad I was able to help and I hope your daughter gets the response she wants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending