The Student Room Group

Kicked out of uni for fighting

Can I get kicked out of uni for fighting in the library if the police were called? Both had to go to A & E, It all got out of hand but neither of us want to press charges. Worried now.
Short answer, yes.

Get advice from your Students Union, ASAP.
Yes.
Original post by Anonymous
neither of us want to press charges.

This isn’t quite the defence you think it is. Police can charge you with affray whether or not anyone wishes to make a complaint. Unfortunately, unlike other Public Order offences, affray can also be charged in a private place like a university library not just in public.

having said that, chances are the uni will be really soft and not want to do anything about it. Without their backing the police aren’t really going to have much of a reason to take it forward.
Original post by Anonymous
Can I get kicked out of uni for fighting in the library if the police were called? Both had to go to A & E, It all got out of hand but neither of us want to press charges. Worried now.

Pretty much certain to face a formal disciplinary process, yes. So as above, get in touch with the SU and work out if you have any credible defence. If the police needed to be called, it obviously impacted other people and wasn't a quick thump that got out of hand but was over quickly.
Thankyou all for your advice. I'll get in touch with SU tomorrow.
I know it’s late but what did you do ? Why you end up fighting people in the library for? what happened ?
All unis have a student code of conduct. Here is an example from MMU: "students are expected to behave responsibly on campus and also an on trips and visits associated with the University. Any behaviour that affects the safety or well-being of students or staff is regarded as misconduct"

Read your unis code of conduct and see what the sanctions could be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending