The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

Hi,

So basically I'm currently doing a foundation year at uni in engineering and I have always wanted to do an apprenticeship but because I had not done the correct A levels that were required for engineering I was less likely to be chosen/accepted. So I had no choice but to do a foundation year at uni where they go over physics and maths.

So my question is that is it possible to do a apprenticeships after a foundation year as I am aware students who usually do a foundation year intend to move over to a degree. But, is it possible for me to do an apprenticeship as I have learnt the most of maths and physics.
Original post by Smallest678
Hi,

So basically I'm currently doing a foundation year at uni in engineering and I have always wanted to do an apprenticeship but because I had not done the correct A levels that were required for engineering I was less likely to be chosen/accepted. So I had no choice but to do a foundation year at uni where they go over physics and maths.

So my question is that is it possible to do a apprenticeships after a foundation year as I am aware students who usually do a foundation year intend to move over to a degree. But, is it possible for me to do an apprenticeship as I have learnt the most of maths and physics.

You can't do an apprenticeship in the same discipline/field that is at the same or lower level than your highest education attained.

AKA you are now only eligible to do a level 6 apprenticeship in engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending