The Student Room Group

How do I afford living in a Student accommodation in Edinburgh?

Hi I will join uni in 2024 meaning I have 1 year left in school.
I plan on moving to any accommodation in Edinburgh but I will not have enough money to pay £200-300 a week
Is there any funding/student supports to help pay this and do you recommend getting a loan for this?
you usually tend to get maintenance loans babe bc trust no one is affording that.

maintanence loans arent like the loans you get for tuition, they vary depending on your household income but repaying them is the same as repaying tuition loans.

you can go on the government website and calculate how much you get here:
https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

also don't worry too much, everyone gets loans and if you're going to edinburgh they won't cost £200-£300 a week and more likely around the £150 mark
Original post by Jordan James
Hi I will join uni in 2024 meaning I have 1 year left in school.
I plan on moving to any accommodation in Edinburgh but I will not have enough money to pay £200-300 a week
Is there any funding/student supports to help pay this and do you recommend getting a loan for this?

Hi Jordan,
Have you checked what your maintenance loan will be from student finance? It may be worth checking if your university offers any bursaries etc and if so, if you're eligible for them. Aside from taking on part time work to supplement your loan, I'd mainly suggest taking a look around Edinburgh accommodations to find the best value for your money.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending