The Student Room Group

KCL developmental psychology and Psychopathology MSc

Hi everyone,
I'm currently trying to do an MSc and work towards the DClin - and im really interested in developmental psychopathology; i've done 3 internships in my undergrad years related to this area, I feel like this is what I'm passionate about.

So I submitted an application to this programme a month ago and just recieved a rejection 'Unfortunately, due to the competitive nature of this programme we have not been able to make you an offer. After considering all aspects of your application, your application was not as strong as others received'.

and I just realised - I did not put my internships onto the application form as evidence of work experience! I only put my current work experience as a PWP and past support work experience. i have no one else to blame but myself for not thinking it through completely. I feel like the biggest idiot ever and I'm so disappointed in myself for this.

Is there anything else I can do except for sucking it up and moving on? Could I email them with my CV and ask them to reconsider? I feel like it's a shame that I didn't display myself to the best of my ability. I have low self esteem and struggle to recall these positive work experiences that i've had. I've requested feedback from them as well.

thanks in advance.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending