The Student Room Group

BPS accreditation

If I have an accredited BPS MSc in Developmental Psychology can I still use it to apply for a DclinPsy??
Original post by jemimaafolayan
If I have an accredited BPS MSc in Developmental Psychology can I still use it to apply for a DclinPsy??

Hey @jemimaafolayan

As long as you have been granted the master's degree, the time frame when you apply for a doctorate in Psychology does not really matter. It eventually boils down to your work experience because that will separate you from the other candidates. From what I know of the usual route to DclinPsy it's usually a long route that highly emphasizes finding relative work experiences apart from just having good results during your university days. This forum post, although it's relatively dated in its relevance, should provide some insight into some of the different strategies people took into getting a spot during the application process for DclinPsy.

Hope this helps!!

Derrick
Reply 2
Oh wow thank you. I have a 2:2 from my Undergrad Degree (Psychology). I want to get a conversion degree and gain relevant work experience before pushing ahead with the DclinPsy.
Though I'm also thinking of doing another MSc after my conversion course in Clinical psychology.
I aspire to become a clinical psychologist that has been my passion and long time goal. And I won't allow my Undergrad results limit me from that.
Reply 3
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hey @jemimaafolayan

As long as you have been granted the master's degree, the time frame when you apply for a doctorate in Psychology does not really matter. It eventually boils down to your work experience because that will separate you from the other candidates. From what I know of the usual route to DclinPsy it's usually a long route that highly emphasizes finding relative work experiences apart from just having good results during your university days. This forum post, although it's relatively dated in its relevance, should provide some insight into some of the different strategies people took into getting a spot during the application process for DclinPsy.

Hope this helps!!

Derrick

Yes, this definitely helped. I just wanted to be sure if the accredited BPS degree in developmental Psychology Msc won't be a waste. Because I'm going the clinical route.
Original post by jemimaafolayan
Oh wow thank you. I have a 2:2 from my Undergrad Degree (Psychology). I want to get a conversion degree and gain relevant work experience before pushing ahead with the DclinPsy.
Though I'm also thinking of doing another MSc after my conversion course in Clinical psychology.
I aspire to become a clinical psychologist that has been my passion and long time goal. And I won't allow my Undergrad results limit me from that.

That is a brilliant attitude to have! I wish you the best of luck with your journey!!
Reply 5
Do you now know if it will be a waste or not?? Cuz I am doing an MSc Developmental psych too and I wanna go for a clinical route as well.

Quick Reply

Latest