The Student Room Group

Advice re reference requests for postgrad

Hi, Hope doing ok. Im on uc & pip and I’m trying to apply for postgrads as bored and to achieve something. It’s mainly where I’ve studied before as thought be easier as have certs and get alumni discount but it’s not! I’ve got reference issues as I can’t remember names & it’s a long time since studied or even worked. I’m trying to do future learn short courses but don’t complete them. What do you recommend? Thanks Nathalie
Original post by Multichameleon
Hi, Hope doing ok. Im on uc & pip and I’m trying to apply for postgrads as bored and to achieve something. It’s mainly where I’ve studied before as thought be easier as have certs and get alumni discount but it’s not! I’ve got reference issues as I can’t remember names & it’s a long time since studied or even worked. I’m trying to do future learn short courses but don’t complete them. What do you recommend? Thanks Nathalie

When were you last in full time study?
First degree 1989-1994, second 2010, I did a professional private course in 2011 so will ask for reference there. I’m looking to do part time masters potentially.
I think I need to actually complete future learn or OU courses to see if can get more certs and or reference.
I’m in touch with both unis trying to get references & think will be a basic reference from each. It will be hard to get a full reference unless I do another course.. we will see. The whole applying to uni for post grad is so complex never did all this before.
Original post by Multichameleon

Hi @Multichameleon,

Have your universities specified they need academic references? If not it might be worth checking in if they can take workplace or other professional references, as that might widen your pool of options! I know we can accept references for PG study from a few different sources if you're struggling to get hold of a past university/education provider, so its always worth checking :smile:

All the best! Fingers crossed for your applications :biggrin:
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending