The Student Room Group

Can I get an 3 As in a month?

I do Philosophy, English and Economics and am currently on around 3 Cs, is a month enough to push them up to all As if I do enough revision, I've been planning to do about 6 hours a day.
what year are you in? because im in the same situation but im in year 13
Reply 2
Original post by Velvet cake
what year are you in? because im in the same situation but im in year 13

yeah i'm in year 13 as well, first exam is 18th may
Im afraid i dont do any of the subject that you do but i do history which may have some overlap with what the mark scheme is looking for in philosophy and English.

One thing im trying differently this easter is quality over quantity. You mentioned that you were attempting to do 6 hours per day which is pretty much what i did in my december mocks and march mocks but hasnt gotten me anywhere since i focused to much on trying to confine my time to only speicfic timing.For example i would say iw as going to solely do an essay for 45 mins but I knew i needed 2 hours or more just to understand where i went wrong and what i did right.

Maybe you could find exemplars online which you probably have already did but you could ask someone who is doing well if you ask to take screenshots of there essay.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Nash2404
I do Philosophy, English and Economics and am currently on around 3 Cs, is a month enough to push them up to all As if I do enough revision, I've been planning to do about 6 hours a day.

Heya!
There isn't too much time but the best thing you can do is try your hardest. Try making sure you are happy with the content and do lots of practice questions :h: If it helps, Study mind has free practice questions you will find useful!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 5
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
There isn't too much time but the best thing you can do is try your hardest. Try making sure you are happy with the content and do lots of practice questions :h: If it helps, Study mind has free practice questions you will find useful!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Doesn't have philosophy but I'll be sure to use the economics, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest