The Student Room Group

Jobs

So I have a job offer from a store and it’s 12 hour contract for around £6.85 per hour. I have fill in this form and it will commence from 12/04/23.
However, I have an interview soon for a job that pay £11 an hour for an 8 hour shift only on weekends. But I don’t know for sure if I have the job.
I don’t know if should fill in the form and accept the first job or wait to see i have got the second job.

As the interview for the second job is the day before 12th April when my first job will start and I don’t know when I will hear back from my second job to see if I have got it.
It’s very complicated and I just need advice 😭
ok i would talk to the old company and saying that you must start later, or you could start and do two jobs.. do the first one on the weekdays and the second one on the weekends like you have said
Original post by student2208
So I have a job offer from a store and it’s 12 hour contract for around £6.85 per hour. I have fill in this form and it will commence from 12/04/23.
However, I have an interview soon for a job that pay £11 an hour for an 8 hour shift only on weekends. But I don’t know for sure if I have the job.
I don’t know if should fill in the form and accept the first job or wait to see i have got the second job.

As the interview for the second job is the day before 12th April when my first job will start and I don’t know when I will hear back from my second job to see if I have got it.
It’s very complicated and I just need advice 😭

Id start the first job. You arent guaranteed to get the other job yet. But if you do get offered the second one, then quit the first one. This sort of thing happens quite often. If they ask why, then say that you have been offered another job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending