The Student Room Group

how can I buy lube without my parents knowing

I really want to buy lube but I feel so embarrassed and ashamed to do it even though I would order it online using my own bank card. Im 16 btw. I’m also scared my parents will find out as they frequently check the letterbox and might ask what Ive ordered. I would also be embarrassed if the delivery driver handed it to me as they probably read all parcel label names etc.
Firstly, there should be no reason to be embarrassed about buying lube.

Secondly, consider that you can get it in shops - even pound shops, chemists and supermarkets

Thirdly, it's available from Amazon. Would your normal Amazon order be scrutinised? You could order to one of the Amazon collection boxes?

Fourthly, there are many things that can safely be used as lube. You don't say why you want it (self, partner, toys) but some people like coconut oil, olive oil, aloe vera gel or even Vaseline if not using with condoms.
Just order some off Amazon to one of their collection lockers. Open the box straight away and bin it. That way they won’t find out and you can just hide it away when you get home.
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to buy lube but I feel so embarrassed and ashamed to do it even though I would order it online using my own bank card. Im 16 btw. I’m also scared my parents will find out as they frequently check the letterbox and might ask what Ive ordered. I would also be embarrassed if the delivery driver handed it to me as they probably read all parcel label names etc.

i don't know if you find out though please tell me how.
Original post by Anonymous

Now, being a child of two highly religious and nosy parents doing things was difficult. But I did them. How you ask? Well, its easy.
Get someone else to do it for you. You're 16, you definetly have friends who dont HAVE nosy parents.

Now this could get you in trouble if your chosen friend isnt trust worthy you could be in trouble. Finding a trust worthy friend is difficult, but if you do have one well and good and if you dont well uhm lets move on to plan B.

Now, ordering of on amazon is easy right? But its not the best thing to do when an order comes shipped to ur house, ur location, but a different name? You could make another amazon account, buy the product. It'll be shipped to your house. Now, u can easily take it. If your parents see it they'll be curious, wont they? "This is not my name", or " Idk anyone with this name". SO that is when you pop in.

Be discreet, you could say OHHHh my friend ordered it as its a suprise for his parents. OR, you could say they might have accidently got the address wrong. Go to the post and 'give it back'.

Well thats all i can give you really. Or else you could stick to baby oil.

Quick Reply

Latest