The Student Room Group

law with bad a levels

hi. so i studied chemistry for two years and did pretty well (77% and 67%) but have decided to change paths and am applying to do law. my a levels were horrific, i got cdd. I was wondering for the future, would i be able to pursue a career in law ? i got 12A*s in my gcses and i had extenuating circumstances at the time of my a levels ( I am bipolar and attempted a month before doing them). Is it worth pursuing or am i better just carrying on with chemistry? thank you
Original post by user12263748
hi. so i studied chemistry for two years and did pretty well (77% and 67%) but have decided to change paths and am applying to do law. my a levels were horrific, i got cdd. I was wondering for the future, would i be able to pursue a career in law ? i got 12A*s in my gcses and i had extenuating circumstances at the time of my a levels ( I am bipolar and attempted a month before doing them). Is it worth pursuing or am i better just carrying on with chemistry? thank you

Why not finish chemistry then do a postgrad law conversion?
Original post by ageshallnot
Why not finish chemistry then do a postgrad law conversion?

hello, thanks for your response. because i really struggle with phys chem
Original post by user12263748
hello, thanks for your response. because i really struggle with phys chem

Will you end up with a 2.1?
Original post by ageshallnot
Will you end up with a 2.1?

yes probably, but im just assessing how much mental strain i am willing to put myself under, as i know law is also very difficult but i will struggle less with it than with chemistry. i got pushed into doing science by my school and parents after gcse however i would have preferred to go down the law route to begin with, hence my change of heart now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending