The Student Room Group

Do your parents still buy you Easter eggs?

This question will largely depend on how old you are as I'm sure a lot of younger TSR members will automatically still get Easter eggs, but for those of you who have moved out for uni or due to age, will your parents still be getting you Easter eggs on Sunday?
My parent brought me a lindt bunny which was nice :yes:

Usually we get each other small little gifts e.g a tie clip (for me) or a bracelet (for her)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
This question will largely depend on how old you are as I'm sure a lot of younger TSR members will automatically still get Easter eggs, but for those of you who have moved out for uni or due to age, will your parents still be getting you Easter eggs on Sunday?

Probably not, I wouldn't eat the egg anyway.
My mum didn't buy me personally an Easter egg but I sent her on a wild goosechase to about 4 different supermarkets to source Mini Eggs for my Easter chocolate nest baking on Sunday, if that counts? :colondollar: (Am 34)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My mum didn't buy me personally an Easter egg but I sent her on a wild goosechase to about 4 different supermarkets to source Mini Eggs for my Easter chocolate nest baking on Sunday, if that counts? :colondollar: (Am 34)

We couldn't find proper mini eggs either for chocolate nest baking! Had to resort to buying smarties mini eggs instead.
We couldn't find proper mini eggs either for chocolate nest baking! Had to resort to buying smarties mini eggs instead.

We had some already (bought last week in anticipation of a local shortage) but I was worried we didn't have enough, so poor Mum had to go find more, oops :colondollar:

Hope you have a happy and blessed Easter when it comes, PMP :lovehug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
We had some already (bought last week in anticipation of a local shortage) but I was worried we didn't have enough, so poor Mum had to go find more, oops :colondollar:

Hope you have a happy and blessed Easter when it comes, PMP :lovehug:

You too :hugs:

I still get an egg for my adult son :smile:

I’m only 17 but my mother made it a habit to make an eater basket for me and my brother (one is 15 the other is 26) and my eldest brother still gets one every year. She said as long as she’s still alive we will get a little basket containing an egg and other little gifts (last year I got hair ties, bubblegum body wash and earrings)
Nope, they never did.
Union Jack Wearing Bulldog has collected far more choco easter eggs than I have this year. :biggrin:
Mine do :redface: we've limited it to 2 each for everyone and a lindt bunny the last few years though
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm not crazy about chocolate so my family always gave me money for Easter and I still get £20 from my gran for Easter. I sadly don't spend it on clothes or booze like I did when I was a teen. It goes towards food, petrol or bills now :laugh:
(edited 1 year ago)

No, but my wife always dies some for Easter. Sadly my Dad passed away last August. He was 91. I got an AA degree in Horticulture and continued studying on my own to be one of the few Independent, self trained Plant Breeders in the USA. Had one field test of my radishes already. Didn't pass the trail but am not redoing the hybrids to produce the desired result. A year round root crop.
Reply 14
Yess it's still a yearly tradition....this year I have a galaxy minstrels one...I don't eat minstrels often so looking forward to see what it tastes like :smile:
Original post by Halle Martinez
No, but my wife always dies some for Easter. Sadly my Dad passed away last August. He was 91. I got an AA degree in Horticulture and continued studying on my own to be one of the few Independent, self trained Plant Breeders in the USA. Had one field test of my radishes already. Didn't pass the trail but am not redoing the hybrids to produce the desired result. A year round root crop.

I'm sorry for your loss. Best of luck on your radish breeding.
Original post by ebyrne2036
Nah they get me books instead

Honestly I wish someone would buy me books at Easter!

Quick Reply

Latest