The Student Room Group

Housemate issues

I recently had arguments with my housemate, who expressed upset with some communication issues we had. Since last Friday, my housemate hasn't been sleeping in the house despite being present in daytime and hosting dinners in the house. I know my housemate has a friend going through a hard time just as I am.

So, I am not sure if my housemate is sleeping over somewhere else to avoid me or accompanying someone else going through a hard time. I won't dare ask my housemate for fear of being seen as violating my housemate's privacy. My housemate still greets me when we see each other.

I can't wrap my head around this - clues?
Reply 1
The housemate isn't avoiding you. Unless you know them well enough to count them as a friend it isn't your business what they do in an evening.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
The housemate isn't avoiding you. Unless you know them well enough to count them as a friend it isn't your business what they do in an evening.

I guess you miss the context.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
I guess you miss the context.
What context? They are still around the house and still talk to you, so they aren't avoiding you. Do you tell your housemate what you are doing every time you leave the house?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
What context? They are still around the house and still talk to you, so they aren't avoiding you. Do you tell your housemate what you are doing every time you leave the house?

The specific thing I mentioned didn't happen until we had arguments. So I don't see how it is wrong to speculate?
Do they have a bf / gf? Maybe they just went home for the weekend or were spending time with their other friend which sounds plausible.

The vibes in the house were probably not it after you'd argued, so they wanted some breathing space. Was the argument about anything specific? Otherwise I probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it, they're still saying hello to you.

Hopefully after the Easter break (idk if either of you are planning on going home) things will have calmed down :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Chronoscope
Do they have a bf / gf? Maybe they just went home for the weekend or were spending time with their other friend which sounds plausible.
The vibes in the house were probably not it after you'd argued, so they wanted some breathing space. Was the argument about anything specific? Otherwise I probably wouldn't make a big deal out of it, they're still saying hello to you.
Hopefully after the Easter break (idk if either of you are planning on going home) things will have calmed down :smile:

Neither us has a home to return to. My housemate has cut ties with parents for years while my home is somewhere I can't return to for certain reasons.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
The specific thing I mentioned didn't happen until we had arguments. So I don't see how it is wrong to speculate?

What, that they have a friend in trouble?

You sleep at night do you don't see each other anyway! Don't overthink it, but if you had arguments sort those out; your housemate can come and go as they please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending