The Student Room Group

Applying to UK Law universities from India

I am a 10th grade CBSE student. I intend to apply to Oxford, LSE, UCL for 2025 entry for Law (LLB/BA in Jurisprudence). I am considering either shifting to a CIE school for A-Levels or continuing in CBSE for 11th and 12th. In all universities researched CBSE is a valid qualification as long as I score above 95% but I am worried whether CBSE students are considered inferior to students with A-Levels by these universities. Advice from current students at these universities is welcomed, particularly law students.
Hi,
No, I don't think these universities will consider you inferior to A level students just because you have CBSE grades. They understand that international students have different routes to studying than the UK ones. If you look for example at the prospectus of Oxford/Cambridge, there they provide CBSE equivalent requirements. This shows that these universities know about the level of rigour of each board and set their requirements accordingly. What is more important is that you achieve the best grade possible and make an application that you think is perfect.
Original post by Joanne Mathew
I am a 10th grade CBSE student. I intend to apply to Oxford, LSE, UCL for 2025 entry for Law (LLB/BA in Jurisprudence). I am considering either shifting to a CIE school for A-Levels or continuing in CBSE for 11th and 12th. In all universities researched CBSE is a valid qualification as long as I score above 95% but I am worried whether CBSE students are considered inferior to students with A-Levels by these universities. Advice from current students at these universities is welcomed, particularly law students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending