The Student Room Group

Is there any way i can move out

London prices are but does the government or something do anything for people have to move out.
What's your situation and where do you want to go?
Original post by SoonToBeExpat
What's your situation and where do you want to go?

Im 22 and a guy who wants to move out his families house
Difficult to get a mortgage nowdays, also hard to rent anywhere.

Forget London, go somewhere north or maybe to the west. Thought about joining the Military? Maybe the Royal Navy? Accomodation won't be too much of a problem, particularly on a ship. Very good way to build up savings too!
Original post by SoonToBeExpat
Difficult to get a mortgage nowdays, also hard to rent anywhere.

Forget London, go somewhere north or maybe to the west. Thought about joining the Military? Maybe the Royal Navy? Accomodation won't be too much of a problem, particularly on a ship. Very good way to build up savings too!

North or west?like a cheaper city to live in? Nah i dont think id like to join the military or the royal navy but thank you for that suggestion, although i may look into it
Council housing or move out of London, are basically your options. Pretty sure the list for council housing is years long there though...

I'd suggest just looking for a job in another city/town and trying to sort things out so you can move there and start working (or go to uni in another city). If you absolutely must be within reasonable travelling distance to London for whatever reason, see what there is along the south coast...Southampton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Poole and surrounding towns are all much cheaper than London but still only an hour and a half or so by train so you could reasonably go up on weekends or whatever if needed (of course, tickets are expensive if you don't buy in advance).

You would find much cheaper places in more rural areas in the north though, but usually in that case you also need to drive and own a car practically. The cities themselves are cheaper, but not by as much as may be suggested I think (unless you live in really bad areas but that's true of anywhere).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending