The Student Room Group

A levels, AS levels

hello, right now i'm in year 12 and i take chem, math, and physics and next year when ill be in year 13 i'll drop physics but i want to take biology as an AS, can i do that?? that means ill have 4 AS subjects and 2 A level.
You’ll have a lot to catch up on, but if you catch up over the summer holidays it’s possible! I believe in you
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by www.iLoveEnglish
You’ll have a lot to catch up on, but if you catch up over the summer holidays it’s possible! I believe in you

no, i mean is it possible to take biology in year 13 as an AS without taking it in year 12
Depends if your school will let you
Also you normally need 3 A levels to get into uni if you want to do that so school will most probably say you have to do three full a levels
Original post by mariajhones
hello, right now i'm in year 12 and i take chem, math, and physics and next year when ill be in year 13 i'll drop physics but i want to take biology as an AS, can i do that?? that means ill have 4 AS subjects and 2 A level.

As has just been said above- Also you normally need 3 A levels to get into uni. Most 6th forms also will want you to do the 3 full a-levels.
I may be misunderstanding, but are you saying that you will have have 2 A Level qualifications? You will need 3 to appply for uni. Also, from my experience, unis aren't so bothered about ASs. They're great to have but not to the detriment of your A Level subjects / qualifications. I hope that makes sense.

Another thought: Have you considered doing an EPQ in one of the subjects that you would like to do an AS in? That way, you could still explore your interests in that subject, and unis value EPQs more than ASs, I believe, when they are deciding upon your offers
Original post by mariajhones

Heya!
I would recommend talking to your teacher to see if it's possible to do. Please also be careful as unis usually require 3 alvls, not just 2 :h: So you would need to complete biology fully, not just AS.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest