The Student Room Group

Access course straight after A levels

Hi all,

I left school at the start of y13 to help run the family business, i attempted studying from home and will sit my A levels this year but I know i will not get the grades necessary to get into uni. I would like to start an access course in business management once i'm 19 (4 months after exams).

How will this look on for my university application as i know that the course is mainly aimed at students who have been out of education for some time, however i would say that i qualify as such but unis may not see it this way as i think i'll have to disclose my A levels on the UCAS application.

Thanks for your time!
Why do you think an Access Diploma would be easier for you to get the required grades compared to your A levels?

Access Diplomas aren’t easier than A levels.
Reply 2
Thank you for your response and to answer your question; i've received no support of any sorts after leaving school hence learning the whole A2 part of my subjects as well as exam preparation has been quite challenging.

Not intending to sound rude but could you please answer my question?
Original post by andrewarpr
Thank you for your response and to answer your question; i've received no support of any sorts after leaving school hence learning the whole A2 part of my subjects as well as exam preparation has been quite challenging.

Not intending to sound rude but could you please answer my question?

You would need to check with each university directly. It’s not normally encouraged to take an access diploma if you already hold level 3 qualifications.

If you approached the university I work for asking this question we would encourage you to resit your A levels or to take a different level 3 qualification (eg a BTEC or CTEC).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending