The Student Room Group

Is there a big drinking culture in Cambridge?

I mean, I know there's not as much as at other unis, but it seems like when everyone isn't working, they are off drinking on nights out?
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
I mean, I know there's not as much as at other unis, but it seems like when everyone isn't working, they are off drinking on nights out?

Only for those who want it, there's an equal non-drinking culture. It's a diverse university, you can do you.
Frankly the drinking culture at Cambridge I think equals or even surpasses that at other unis, for those engaging in it. When I lived there, walking into work at dawn on a Saturday past several of the bars was a nasty affair...all kinds of bodily fluids all over the streets...and walls...and this was literally next to one of the main academic sites for the uni too. Then there's the yearly May balls, which regularly get covered by the tabloids in terms of the extent of the binge drinking and general debauchery that goes on during them...

Young people in Cambridge - associated with the uni and not - get extremely drunk regularly, I assure you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending