The Student Room Group

How to take notes during lectures/masterclass for personal statement.

How do I take notes from lectures/masterclass since i plan on using it on my personal statement. And how did u use it and talk about it. Did u make it a main part of ur personal statement or a less part. This is for computer science btw but i don't mind any help.
Hi, if you plan on using this is your personal statement then you'll want to think about where it will fit in your structure, the structure of your personal statement should be:
1. introduction
2. academic experiences that relate to the course you're applying to (longer section)
3. extra curricular experiences/ work experience that relate to the course you're applying to (longer section)
4. Hobbies that relate to the course you're applying to
5. conclusion

I would recommend putting it in your extra curricular experiences paragraph, as you had the initiative to do the masterclass outside of school time.

To talk about the lecture/masterclass, think about what you did, what skills or knowledge you learnt and how this will help you on your university course.

I would download our personal statement guide to see some example paragraphs: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/how-to-apply/making-your-application/how-to-write-a-personal-statement-guide

Hope that helps :smile:
Abbie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending