The Student Room Group

How lenient is Birmingham University for law? (UoB)

Hi so I need help because I am really worried about this. Basically I've applied to do law and my predicted grades were A*AA, and not gonna lie, with the way psychology has been going I'm not confident ill be able to get an A in it. So not im stuck because I really want to firm Birmingham because that's my dream university but the offer they gave me was A*AA, for context my mum is a single mum and im from a low income area ( adding that because I know some circumstances can get you reduced offers) I didn't know about the access to Birmingham scheme till today so I've missed out on that and I tried calling in the admissions centre but they're closed for Easter. Im just really scared I feel like I shouldn't firm it because if I do and on results day I don't get the grades ill be really screwed.
Also Sheffield university is offering me AAB because my circumstances qualify me for their Access + programme, I was thinking I should just firm there because I confidently know i'll get those grades but I dont really want to go to that school as it's not really a big city plus as a black girl I've heard there arent many black people there as compared to Birmingham.

Please any advice on what to do?
Why can’t you firm Birmingham and have Sheffield as your insurance? That way if you don’t get into Birmingham you have Sheffield to fall back on. No idea on the contextual programme as not sure how it works there, I thought most unis automatically give you a contextual offer if you qualify eg low income, first to go to Uni etc. I’d definitely speak to Birmingham about that. I know the likes of Leeds you have to apply to their programme before they’ll give you a contextual offer, so that would be as part of your application, and subject to passing the programme. But some other unis just pick it up with postcode etc.
Did you not visit Sheffield? I’ve been and there were plenty of BAME people around the university and the city. It certainly wasn’t all ‘white’ and no one stuck out. Hope that puts your mind at rest a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending