The Student Room Group

Durham or Edinburgh for Chemistry

Hi, I have achieved offers from Durham and Edinburgh to study chemistry next year. I can’t decide which one to choose. I am abit put off by Edinburgh as the course is 5 years (I have applied to do a masters) however I have always wanted to do a year abroad, which is offered at Edinburgh but not on the Durham pathway that Ive chosen. Any advice?? I also have an offer from york which has a much lower grade requirement that sort of put me off. Both offers are A*AA, which put me off Edinburgh abit as their offer was listed in prospectus as AAA
(edited 1 year ago)
Durham and Edinburgh are very different cities and universities so your experience will be different. Durham has a college set up like Oxford or Cambridge. Edinburgh is a bigger university with a lot of international students. You really need to visit both unis and get a feel for them.
Reply 2
I wouldn't put york off just because of their lower grade requirement. I got into York and Edinburgh but ended up choosing york because of their labs and their opportunities in research + abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending