The Student Room Group

Need help with a 3rd a level

I’m currently in year 12 and study economics politics and maths but want to drop politics and study something else over the summer. I have spoken to my HoY and they said we will see how my mocks go, I am predicted A-A* but hate politics as I hate memorising loads of content. Therefore I would like to study either Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Business or Geography. Which is best if I don’t want to memorise a bunch of content and more of a logical learner. I will learn the Y1 content over the summer and come back to study Y2 in class
Original post by Lucas8406
I’m currently in year 12 and study economics politics and maths but want to drop politics and study something else over the summer. I have spoken to my HoY and they said we will see how my mocks go, I am predicted A-A* but hate politics as I hate memorising loads of content. Therefore I would like to study either Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Business or Geography. Which is best if I don’t want to memorise a bunch of content and more of a logical learner. I will learn the Y1 content over the summer and come back to study Y2 in class

I do Geography as one of my A-levels, and I wouldn't say you need to learn a lot of content but there are lots of case studies some of which are really small and some of which that are not, and you need to know as many as you can to do well. 20% of the grade is an NEA which you do fieldwork on, so you need to be comfortable with fieldwork techniques and we have been working on them since the start of the year, which may be harder to learn on your own over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest