The Student Room Group

I have used all of my UCAS options, but I would like to add another

Hi,
I am considering a year 2 entry and I have already sent my UCAS application off in January, however, I have found another course in which I am interested and would like to apply for this. I have used all of my 5 options however I am still waiting for a decision on one uni. For the uni I am waiting for a decision, I no longer want to go there, would it be possible to change this option without having to decline all of my current offers?

I also wanted to know, if I was to apply to this course using UCAS extra, would I be able to use the same personal statement I used for my initial application or would this get flagged as plagiarism?

Thank you in advance!
Original post by kye335
Hi,
I am considering a year 2 entry and I have already sent my UCAS application off in January, however, I have found another course in which I am interested and would like to apply for this. I have used all of my 5 options however I am still waiting for a decision on one uni. For the uni I am waiting for a decision, I no longer want to go there, would it be possible to change this option without having to decline all of my current offers?

As it's been longer than 14 days since you submitted your application you can no longer swap it with another uni. Your only real option is to await the decision and then maybe use Extra, but you'd have to decline any offers received.
Original post by kye335
I also wanted to know, if I was to apply to this course using UCAS extra, would I be able to use the same personal statement I used for my initial application or would this get flagged as plagiarism?

UCAS won't flag this a plagiarism. The uni will also let you know if they want to see a new PS.
Reply 2
Oh no! Now I'm not sure what to do as the course I applied for year 2 entry does modules I am excited to learn about! However, if I have to do year 1, I would not want to do it there as those modules are not things that I want to learn about, hence why I wanted to apply to the new university. This has been a very stressful time for me! I still do not want to reject any of my offers, do you think I should possibly wait until my uni exams are over (but I won't know how I did in them although they are done electronically) so would it be best to maybe firm my initial offer of the uni I want to go to, and then possibly do UCAS extra if I need to do year 1 again, as this would give me until 4th July to think things through?
Original post by Admit-One
As it's been longer than 14 days since you submitted your application you can no longer swap it with another uni. Your only real option is to await the decision and then maybe use Extra, but you'd have to decline any offers received.

UCAS won't flag this a plagiarism. The uni will also let you know if they want to see a new PS.
Original post by kye335
Oh no! Now I'm not sure what to do as the course I applied for year 2 entry does modules I am excited to learn about! However, if I have to do year 1, I would not want to do it there as those modules are not things that I want to learn about, hence why I wanted to apply to the new university. This has been a very stressful time for me! I still do not want to reject any of my offers, do you think I should possibly wait until my uni exams are over (but I won't know how I did in them although they are done electronically) so would it be best to maybe firm my initial offer of the uni I want to go to, and then possibly do UCAS extra if I need to do year 1 again, as this would give me until 4th July to think things through?

Is the new course that you've found year 1 or year 2 entry?
Reply 4
They said they could look at my eligibility for year 2 only if I do an application through UCAS otherwise it'll automatically be considered for year 1.
Original post by Admit-One
Is the new course that you've found year 1 or year 2 entry?
Original post by kye335
They said they could look at my eligibility for year 2 only if I do an application through UCAS otherwise it'll automatically be considered for year 1.

Your only options are to stick with your current offers or to decline all and apply to this university through extra or clearing. Extra doesnt allow you anything else.
If you like any of your current offers then you can ask them if they would normally reinstate the offer if you declined it now but then apply back to them in extra/clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending