The Student Room Group

Resits

So last year I was supposed to take my as levels and I did. They were very low D and below because I had lost a very close family member before and around 2 weeks before the exam I had fallen very sick and plus we didn’t have a physics teacher for 2 months. I was wondering if i would still be able to apply for dentistry/medicine for the 2024 year. and of course i’m predicting a huge increase in my grades.
I'm not sure exactly how universities will take the grades into consideration, but what you could do is speak to your school about your UCAS teacher reference, where they could list extenuating circumstances. That combined with some good predicted grades As and A*s ideally will show academic abilities to the medical school.
Original post by dvsvshsgst
So last year I was supposed to take my as levels and I did. They were very low D and below because I had lost a very close family member before and around 2 weeks before the exam I had fallen very sick and plus we didn’t have a physics teacher for 2 months. I was wondering if i would still be able to apply for dentistry/medicine for the 2024 year. and of course i’m predicting a huge increase in my grades.

Were these formal AS or school tests. If school tests they wont go on ucas, The question will be what predicted grades will your school give. It is a massive jump from Ds and below to the kind of grades required for Medicine and Dentistry and even with top grades many get rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending