The Student Room Group

Interested by a woman for over 20yrs

When I was 20 she was 31. Now I'm 42 and she's 53. I couldn't contact her because of circumstances. It would be impossible now. I want to discuss this more with people as therapy. Please no knee jerk judgements. I believe I have continually been in love with this woman. What should I do?
Can anyone offer their questions or views?
If you cannot contact her then what advice are you really expecting other than "move on"? You may always be in love with her, but if you cannot be together then you're going to just have to live with that and try to get on with things.

I don't think TSR is the best place for advice though, as most users here are teenagers or in their early 20s and probably haven't experienced being in an unrequited love with someone for 20 years.

I'd suggest getting a hobby, or if you want to try dating then maybe going on a dating app and finding someone else to focus your attention on and perhaps after some time you will be able to put to rest your love for this initial woman.
No offence, but this is a forum mostly frequented by teenagers so I'm not sure there are many people here who would be in a good position to offer advice. Perhaps consider seeking advice from other places?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
If you cannot contact her then what advice are you really expecting other than "move on"? You may always be in love with her, but if you cannot be together then you're going to just have to live with that and try to get on with things.

I don't think TSR is the best place for advice though, as most users here are teenagers or in their early 20s and probably haven't experienced being in an unrequited love with someone for 20 years.

I'd suggest getting a hobby, or if you want to try dating then maybe going on a dating app and finding someone else to focus your attention on and perhaps after some time you will be able to put to rest your love for this initial woman.

It's not necessarily unrequited. But I hear you on the rest of it.
Original post by black tea
No offence, but this is a forum mostly frequented by teenagers so I'm not sure there are many people here who would be in a good position to offer advice. Perhaps consider seeking advice from other places?

I will thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I will thanks.

Good luck. I hope you get the advice you are looking for.
Original post by Anonymous
When I was 20 she was 31. Now I'm 42 and she's 53. I couldn't contact her because of circumstances. It would be impossible now. I want to discuss this more with people as therapy. Please no knee jerk judgements. I believe I have continually been in love with this woman. What should I do?

Just a few sentences for you since you asked.

Think more carefully before you take any action. Sometimes making decisions without thinking deeply can make you regret them throughout your life. So, be wise.

And do whatever you think will be best for you.

Good luck! :smile:
Maybe talking to an experienced counselling professional would be helpful to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending