The Student Room Group

biochemistry

i am currently studying a level psychology, biology and chemistry . i was thinking of studying biochemistry in university. will i be accepted with these a levels as some websites say that i only need bio and chem than an optional a level and some sites are telling me i need bio, chem and mathematics/physics.
second question, for kings college London university i got a grade 5 in English language which is equivalent to a C grade and all my other GCSEs are higher, will i get accepted as it doesn't say anything about gcse grades on the website for biochemistry degree
thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by L_isa
i am currently studying a level psychology, biology and chemistry . i was thinking of studying biochemistry in university. will i be accepted with these a levels as some websites say that i only need bio and chem than an optional a level and some sites are telling me i need bio, chem and mathematics/physics.
second question, for kings college London university i got a grade 5 in English language which is equivalent to a C grade and all my other GCSEs are higher, will i get accepted as it doesn't say anything about gcse grades on the website for biochemistry degree
thank you :smile:

for pretty much every uni unless stated you only need biology + chemistry some unis like Edinburgh and Oxford require maths but it will be stated on their entry requirements page
Each Uni will have different requirements - both subjects and grades - so check carefully on each Uni website.

If they only specify two subjects and dont 'prefer' anything for the third subject, then it can literally be anything - they are only interested in the grade. Also check any GCSE requirements - if they dont want A level Maths there may still be a GCSE Maths requirement.

The usual advice for your 5 choices is :

1 or 2 just above your predicted grades

2 or 3 at your predicted grades

Always 1 choice below your predicted grades.

This means you are likely to get at least 2 or 3 offers and you will have offers with a range of grade requirements - important when you come to choose your Firm and Insurance choices later.

Quick Reply

Latest