The Student Room Group

Biochemistry BSci

Hello!!
I was wondering how people found/find biochemistry or biochemistry and molecular medicine at university.
Original post by good.egg
Hello!!
I was wondering how people found/find biochemistry or biochemistry and molecular medicine at university.
Hi good.egg,
My name is Sofia and I am a 3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield. I have really enjoyed my time studying biochemistry, which is such an interesting field. During my studies I have had the opportunity to advance my knowledge in a range of different areas such as genetics, microbiology, cell biology and pharmacology etc.. I have also developed my lab skills through regular lab sessions throughout my degree. I would highly recommend studying biochemistry, looking back I wouldn't want to have studied anything else! Please don't hesitate to ask me any other questions you may have.
Hope this helps,
Sofia :smile:
Original post by good.egg
Hello!!

Hi @good.egg

I'm a third year biochemistry student, and I'm on placement at a biotechnology company working in drug discovery. I've loved my course so far, it's all the parts of biology that I find interesting. If you are considering biochemistry I'd recommend looking carefully at the modules offered at each university you are considering because different courses will have different compulsory/optional modules. I didn't really want to do much "larger" human biology (some degrees have a bit more broad biological focusses despite being all called "biochemistry") so I picked my specific course because I could tailor the modules to better suit my interests!

Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending