The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Level 3 Maths

Hey all,

So ive got two modules left to do for my BSc in Maths and Physics (assuming I pass my exam in a month for the current module im on).

I have reached the point where I just want it done, im losing the enthusiasm for studying and just want to go for it.

With that in mind ive chosen M343 Applications of Probability and MS327 Deterministic and stochastic dynamics as my last two, has anyone done these two side by side? is it possible and achievable?

Looking for opinions and guidance really.
Original post by Banyans
Hey all,

So ive got two modules left to do for my BSc in Maths and Physics (assuming I pass my exam in a month for the current module im on).

I have reached the point where I just want it done, im losing the enthusiasm for studying and just want to go for it.

With that in mind ive chosen M343 Applications of Probability and MS327 Deterministic and stochastic dynamics as my last two, has anyone done these two side by side? is it possible and achievable?

Looking for opinions and guidance really.

I've done both, and in the same year. It was doable for me, but only you know your own circumstances. The two modules do complement each other nicely though and the subject matter is fascinating. I found that my motivation increased while studying them, purely because I found them so interesting.

It does also depend on whether you are more a "mathsy" person or if you prefer physics. I have heard accounts from students doing Q77, who were more physics inclined, and they did not enjoy the level 3 maths. I, on the other hand, just did maths and I love maths for its own sake.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest