The Student Room Group

a level psychology

i am slightly confused. could somebody explain the difference between ethical implications and social sensitivity
Original post by shaheryar9
i am slightly confused. could somebody explain the difference between ethical implications and social sensitivity

Hey @shaheryar9 :smile:

I can understand the confusion as the meanings of both concepts are fairly similar in my opinion, but with just a very subtle difference.

Ethical Implications - considers the impact or consequences that psychological research has on the rights of other people in a wider context, not just the participants taking part in the research.

This means that as a researcher one has to look into:

risk of distress, loss, adverse impact, injury or psychological or other harm to any individual (participant/researcher/bystander) or participant group

complaints about the research

coercion

privacy concerns or issues (eg. Publicity, identifiable data, data security problem)

Social Sensitivity - describes studies where there are potential social consequences for the participants or the group of people represented by the research.

This means that the research is looking into:

racial differences

gender-related abilities

criminality and obedience

I hope this explains it!! If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to clarify!!

Derrick
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending