The Student Room Group

a level stress

I am so stressed about getting the grades for uni. My top choice want AAB and this month has been so overwhelming.

Is anyone else feeling the same?
I’m sorry Dishu that you feel this way. I completely understand you as I was very stressed before my A levels. What I found to really help me was to break things down and do little by little each day. But don’t forget to take plenty of breaks. I was not set on a particular university but my older sister was and missed her firm choice but she always says that it was the best thing that happened to her. Try not to be too harsh on yourself as even if you do not get into your firm choice (which I’m sure is unlikely) you have so many more options. Good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dishu330
I am so stressed about getting the grades for uni. My top choice want AAB and this month has been so overwhelming.

Hi, I am in the same situation as you. I know the anxiety is eating you up probably because of results day and stuff, but honestly try to focus on studying as hard as you can, cause there is nothing else to do but this, really. Also, as the reply above me said, don’t overwork yourself, it can cause damage in the long run. I wish you great success with your A levels and I’m sure everything is going to turn out just as you hope for!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Buzzingbee188
I’m sorry Dishu that you feel this way. I completely understand you as I was very stressed before my A levels. What I found to really help me was to break things down and do little by little each day. But don’t forget to take plenty of breaks. I was not set on a particular university but my older sister was and missed her firm choice but she always says that it was the best thing that happened to her. Try not to be too harsh on yourself as even if you do not get into your firm choice (which I’m sure is unlikely) you have so many more options. Good luck with your exams :smile:

Original post by art2005
Hi, I am in the same situation as you. I know the anxiety is eating you up probably because of results day and stuff, but honestly try to focus on studying as hard as you can, cause there is nothing else to do but this, really. Also, as the reply above me said, don’t overwork yourself, it can cause damage in the long run. I wish you great success with your A levels and I’m sure everything is going to turn out just as you hope for!

Thanks guys I hope everything will turn out well!

have you tried relaxing?
Original post by Saltnvinegar
have you tried relaxing?

to person who is dying - "have you tried staying alive "

Heya!
It's completely understandable to feel stressed about grades, especially when it comes to your top choice for university. It's also important to remember that you're not alone in this and that there are resources available to help you manage your stress and achieve your academic goals :h: Like for example Study mind, has tons of free resources for you to use!

One thing you might try is reaching out to your classmates/ friends or academic advisors for support. Additionally, taking breaks and engaging in activities that you enjoy can help you maintain a sense of balance and perspective :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest