The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

university support for those suffering from mental health issues

I am a mature student looking to apply to loughborough for a sports related course. I suffer from chronic depression. I will be an international student. What is the university ecosystem like for someone like me? what avenues for support would I be able to avail while at uni?
Original post by Anonymous
I am a mature student looking to apply to loughborough for a sports related course. I suffer from chronic depression. I will be an international student. What is the university ecosystem like for someone like me? what avenues for support would I be able to avail while at uni?

Hi there,

It is great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

I would take more of a look at some links on our website, such as our Student Services webpage. Student Services support students in having a positive university experience. You can also contact them here.

We also have specific international student support and I wanted to link you to this as well.

Furthermore, we have a page on various services that can support mental wellbeing.

If you have any questions and want to know more about our services, I would contact our International Office (the details are at the bottom of this page here) and they can support you with more detailed information. However, I hope this helps.

Please do get in touch if you have any further questions.

- Lindsay
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Thank you for your response. Will I be able to avail of counselling/therapy services at the uni if needed?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your response. Will I be able to avail of counselling/therapy services at the uni if needed?

Hi there,

I've been speaking to Student Services so I can help you.

They said that students are able to refer to student wellbeing from the application form on the Loughborough University website (you can find out more about this here) and the team will assess it to determine the most appropriate support.

I would also recommend reading the section called 'What support is available at Loughborough?' on this page for more information.

I hope this helps! Please do get in touch with Student Services if you have any concerns :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending